Knowledge Base
Community

Crying Babies

Started by: k89bpa
On: 28/12/2018 | 19:35
Replies: 15

by: k89bpa
on: 28/12/2018 | 19:35

When you hear the sound of a crying baby what is your reaction?

The past few days I have heard the fairly persistent wailing of a very fresh and new  human being coming from somewhere, (this isn't related to my hearing things before someone asks, that's just water and is still happening). 

Now I'm someone who fantasizes about doing various things to people who decide to have a conversation outside my window in order to silence them, permanently, but upon hearing that new human being screaming and screaming all that comes to mind is wanting to seek out this new human and spend some time interacing with it. 

I don't know why I feel so compelled to do so when faced with a screaming mini human, and I don't know why I'm so effective at turning screams into sleep, silence or giggles, (presumably it's because a screaming baby causes me zero stress/anxiety and my calmness is picked up on by them and helps them become calmer - I've been told that's a thing), but I am and it has always worked really quickly. 

Even babies who don't know me. 

I once helped an extremely frazzled lady with her screaming mini human, (she was clearly at her wits end and had been crying, a lot), so I picked up the baby and within minutes she was happily sitting there in my arms, dozing off to sleep as I chatted with her mother. 

Mind you, I've only done that once, normally when someone similar wants help I'll help them with the other thing(s), they're trying to do, I feel really odd about taking possession of someone else's new human, even if only temporarily, once they get a bit older, fine, feel free to palm them off on me, not a problem, but new humans... I dunno why they're different, perhaps because they can't make the choice to spend time with me whereas the older ones can, I dunno. 

Or maybe it's just as simple as I really wouldn't want someone coming along and handing my new humans, lol

Anyway, what's your reaction to new humans screaming somewhere in your vicinity?

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 1 of 16
by: joolzian
on: 28/12/2018 | 19:43

Having lived underneath 8 different single mums & their babies over 10 years previously I do not react well.

Message 2 of 16
by: frenchielove
on: 28/12/2018 | 19:50

I immediately want to comfort them and find out what is wrong, but nowadays I wouldn’t dream of touching a child without being asked. It upsets me when I am watching a film where a baby is getting properly upset, it makes me angry that they let the baby be upset. 

Message 3 of 16
by: holier_than_thou
on: 28/12/2018 | 19:51
There's a one year old next door to me. When i go to bed, it's crying. When i get up, it's crying. When i leave for work in the morning, it's crying. When i come home from work, it's crying.

That's all it does is CRYYYYY, it's driving me insane!

So no, i don't react well to crying babies anymore, however fresh out of the oven they may be.
Message 4 of 16
by: fender1982
on: 28/12/2018 | 20:04

I dont pay any attention Ive had kids and babies do cry its bot something you can control you can normally tell the people who have or havent had kids when your out in public if a baby cries people who have had kids dont sit and stare they just carry on with what they are doing or reasure the parents that they have been their before people who havnt had kids are normally the ones staring and wispering between themselfs.

Message 5 of 16
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 28/12/2018 | 21:06
Give the little one a cuddle and attention problem is normally solved or in the case off my youngest stick on moto gp or linken Park instant quiet 😁
Message 6 of 16
by: shabbas
on: 28/12/2018 | 21:31

@k89bpa 'mini humans'   'new human beings'😂😂.... like really?

I'v never heard anybody ever refer to a baby using those terms. 

I'v got three of my own who are still fairly young so can put myself in any mothers shoe to reflect what she is going through. 

I mostly come across crying babies at the doctors surgery😕. And its fairly easy to calm them down by just smiling or talking to em (because most of the time they end up confused) 😃

Message 7 of 16
on: 28/12/2018 | 22:52

@shabbas wrote:

@k89bpa 'mini humans'   'new human beings'😂😂.... like really?

I'v never heard anybody ever refer to a baby using those terms. 

Really? Well now you have you must use them at least three times a year! It's the law! :-D 

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 8 of 16
on: 28/12/2018 | 22:55
Poor thing is still crying intermittently.

I'm wondering if it's a recording between wondering if I should go find it's owner and offer my services.
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 9 of 16
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 28/12/2018 | 23:26

@holier_than_thou id have to go have a word and check its ok it seems odd to be crying like that to me

Message 10 of 16