Community

DHL SCAMMERS!?

Started by: rumman112
On: 01/02/2011 | 19:46
Replies: 15

by: rumman112
on: 01/02/2011 | 19:46

Hi

Well basically i ordered an internet tv box from china and never got it. DHL say that they delivered it but they have not done. Now i asked them to leave it in my porch but they didnt. I know it wasnt stolen by a neighbour or anything because i have lived at my house for over 10 years and this has never happened. Now i think DHL delivery man has simply stolen my package. I think this because as it has to pass customs they opened the package to check what was inside. They even called me and said what it was. Now i dont think they ever re-sealed it so the driver may have simply taken it. Now it worries me that when i track the parcel it says that i signed for it. I didnt sign for it and neither did anyone else so i think the driver just put it so that it made me sign it.

Any idea on what i can do?

HI
Visit My Site: www.giffgaff-sims.com

Thanks
Message 1 of 16
by: gawright
on: 01/02/2011 | 19:50 edited: 01/02/2011 | 19:52

@rumman112 wrote:

I know it wasnt stolen by a neighbour or anything because i have lived at my house for over 10 years and this has never happened.

I don't follow the logic of this. Just because it has never happened before, doesn't mean it hasn't happened now! What about an opportunist passer by?

You should ask to see a copy of the signature

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 16
by: aks782
on: 01/02/2011 | 19:52
I would try and get into contact with your area manager and xplaint he situation to him/her - if not write into there complaints dept with some evidence!

Also worth trying to get some evdience from customs that they processed it, to present to DHL.

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 3 of 16
on: 01/02/2011 | 19:52
the door was locked...there is a hole which i asked him to put it through which a hand cannot get through as it has a clever system....you can put stuff in but you cant take stuff out...
HI

Thanks
Message 4 of 16
by: aks782
on: 01/02/2011 | 19:53

@gawright wrote:

@rumman112 wrote:

I know it wasnt stolen by a neighbour or anything because i have lived at my house for over 10 years and this has never happened.

I don't follow the logic of this. Just because it has never happened before, doesn't mean it hasn't happened now! What about an opportunist passer by?

You should ask to see a copy of the signature

Good point, telly in a unlocked porch is every leaflet droppers dream! :/

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 5 of 16
by: bengal_prince
on: 01/02/2011 | 20:02 edited: 01/02/2011 | 20:03
internet tv box for watching vod who would order a telly from china lol yeh get in touch with dhl ask them for proof of signature...
www.dai.yt
Message 6 of 16
by: flateric
on: 01/02/2011 | 20:02

Obtain a copy of the signature from the company in China or via DHL directly yourself. If they are so sure of it being received they will have a copy of the printed and signed name.

Message 7 of 16
on: 01/02/2011 | 20:06
thats the funny part....they have no digital signature proof.
HI

Thanks
Message 8 of 16
by: gawright
on: 01/02/2011 | 20:16 edited: 01/02/2011 | 20:17

If the delivery method used required a signature and they cannot provide proof of a signature, you should be able to sucessfully claim against them as they cannot prove delivery. If the company you ordered from paid for a delivery with signature, you should also inform them

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 16
by: sonesor
on: 01/02/2011 | 20:23
The above would be true, however, you ASKED them to leave it somewhere, without a signature

Therefore I think you would probably find that you cannot make a complaint for not having a signature on file

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 10 of 16