Knowledge Base
Community

De activation of my accountt

Started by: weebrian
On: 05/10/2016 | 12:52
Replies: 6

by: weebrian
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:52

Just received this email message . Is it genuine or is it phishing?

Hi Brian,

It's been a while since you last accessed or used your giffgaff account.

As your account has been unused for a while now, it is scheduled to be deactivated on 22/10/16. Once this process is completed you will no longer be able to access the account.

Your account details:

Membername: weebrian
Scheduled deactivation date: 22/10/16.

Why are we doing this?
To make sure we keep our members' data safe, like email address or card details, we securely remove any data that is no longer appropriate for us to hold. This includes data for unused accounts like yours.

How do I stop this happening?
If you wish to keep access to this account and stop it from being deactivated, just log in to your account before the deactivation date noted above.

Hope to see you soon, if not, thanks for being part of the giffgaff story,

The giffgaff team

Message 1 of 7
by: kicker
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:55
If you don't use your giffgaff account after 6 months it will be deactivated, to stop this buy a goodybag or topup airtime credit.
Get a free giffgaff SimEconomy is the wealth of the poor and the wisdom of the rich.
Message 2 of 7
by: peasy2
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:56
It's not a scam it's gg getting a bit over exuberant with these texts there been quite a few of these this morning I wouldessage an agent to sorry it out though I think its a glitch
Message 3 of 7
by: isabel1066
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:56
this is genuine brian take heed.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: harrybeau
on: 05/10/2016 | 13:43

You should make a chargeable call or send a text before that date to secure your account.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
by: pamfletch
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:16

@weebrian You have to call or text a few times in any 6 month period or the account is automatically deactivated, you probably know that anyway.Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 7 of 7