Knowledge Base
Community

Depression.........

Started by: staciesnowden
On: 21/08/2014 | 04:09
Replies: 2605

by: isambardo
on: 31/12/2016 | 10:16
A valid point? If you suffer from depression, do not read any of this thread, it is enough to make you feel depressed.
Message 2431 of 2,606
by: nat9319
on: 31/12/2016 | 12:31
Right.....

@isambardo

The very first post on this thread says "Heads up - while supportive, this thread at times contains frank discussion of mental health issues. Please keep in mind when reading that you may come across some posts that could be uncomfortable or upsetting.", that's from giffgaff, your point has kinda already been made...

Don't read any of this thread..? There's so many happy stories, so much support & advice on here, I've 'met' some of the nicest people in the community on here...

I don't know why you expected rainbows & unicorns on a thread about depression, we talk about our experiences, it's not always gonna be a super happy fun zone, but that kinda comes with the territory... But even so, we all want the best for each other & try to help as best we can.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Message 2432 of 2,606
by: frenchielove
on: 31/12/2016 | 15:05

@islasdad Glad you are ok, we were all worried, thats good you have a bit more time. Whats happened about the caravan? I really hope 2017 improves for you, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes, you cant see it x

Message 2433 of 2,606
on: 31/12/2016 | 15:07

Really stupid statement @isambardo obviously you dont.

Message 2434 of 2,606
on: 31/12/2016 | 15:09

Hey @nat9319 thinking of you at this really difficult time. I cant say anything to make it easier, but we are all supporting you if that helps? X

Message 2435 of 2,606
by: islasdad
on: 31/12/2016 | 15:41 edited: 31/12/2016 | 15:46

@frenchielove

Thanks for yr support & friendship (that goes for EVERYONE in the thread(mostly)).

Caravan is still on the burner if I can't get anything more concrete/permanent sorted in time.

Right now I really need to home the cat (anyone near Totnes???), I gotta keep the dog, he's been my crutch for a long time... Cat has just brought another dead rabbit in (1 yesterday as well)... back soon

lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2436 of 2,606
on: 31/12/2016 | 17:23
@frenchielove, my day's been alright so far, it's later I'll get all weird, so far it's like any other day, minus the alcohol... 24 hours ago I was on the drink... I've spent over £800 on alcohol this month.

I appreciate the support ☺

Hope you're having an awesome day 😉

💙
Message 2437 of 2,606
by: lufina
on: 01/01/2017 | 15:05

@islasdad Happy new year to you! 

I hope you soon find somewhere suitable to call home. 

Message 2438 of 2,606
Highlighted
on: 02/01/2017 | 23:49
Well, the year's off to a pretty crappy start for me so far...

I was round a friend's house earlier today, he's going through some stuff & just out of the blue he told me how he tried to kill himself last night, showed me the evidence to prove it too...

It's a complicated situation...

I honestly don't know what to do, I tried to play it down & change the subject (Didn't wanna upset him, which I would have done had I said what was in my head) & now I'm worried about him incase he tries again...

It was a gutwrenching feeling & now I kinda get how my friends & family felt when I tried...

Lot going through my head right now...

And I thought 2016 was a bad year...

I hope you guys are doing better...

I'm off to try to think of an idea (I'm not good with this crap with people I know IRL, it's so much harder, my mind's racing with stupid ideas, I know what's wrong but I can't help what's happened), I hope I think of something.

💙
Message 2439 of 2,606
by: magspider
on: 03/01/2017 | 00:00

nat9319 wrote:

Well, the year's off to a pretty crappy start for me so far...

I was round a friend's house earlier today, he's going through some stuff & just out of the blue he told me how he tried to kill himself last night, showed me the evidence to prove it too...

It's a complicated situation...

I honestly don't know what to do, I tried to play it down & change the subject (Didn't wanna upset him, which I would have done had I said what was in my head) & now I'm worried about him incase he tries again...

It was a gutwrenching feeling & now I kinda get how my friends & family felt when I tried...

Lot going through my head right now...

And I thought 2016 was a bad year...

I hope you guys are doing better...

I'm off to try to think of an idea (I'm not good with this crap with people I know IRL, it's so much harder, my mind's racing with stupid ideas, I know what's wrong but I can't help what's happened), I hope I think of something.

💙

Hi @nat9319

Really sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time.

In terms of the friend who recently confided in you, it's important that you not take the full burden of it yourself, especially as you are going through so much yourself. You need to tell someone else, and get him some support other than you.

If you don't know who or where that might be, this guide might help:

http://mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/

However, if you're feeling like you wouldn't want to face even reading this guide, do tell another friend or family member, and have them find a way to get some help for him.

Take care of yourself.

[ No spiders were harmed in the making of this post ]

Join giffgaff, get £5 free bonus credit
Message 2440 of 2,606