Knowledge Base
Community

Depression.........

Started by: staciesnowden
On: 21/08/2014 | 04:09
Replies: 2605

by: islasdad
on: 05/01/2017 | 22:15

Hi @staciesnowden and all you other lovely guys n gals...

My resolution is pretty simple for this year... It's just to NOT use illegal drugs, cos I've wasted so much of my life doing that.

@josh08shaw red diesel is no different to standard fuel... It's simply dyed red and is for use in farmers vehicles and construction vehicles like diggers etc.

The dye is supposed to colour the internals of the engine so even if you don't have it in the tank it's still possible for the cops & HMR&C to 'catch' users of red and prosecute for tax evasion... I must say tho that in the 30(ish) yrs I've been driving, I've never met anyone who got checked for it... Generally it's only commercial vehicles that would be looked at. In a car you'd have to be seriously unlucky to even be checked, not that I'd suggest anyone try to save 40%(ish) on their fuel costsSmiley Wink

lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2461 of 2,606
by: josh08shaw
on: 05/01/2017 | 22:19

@islasdad

Thanks for the information, I never really knew much about the stuff probably the only thing I knew was its cheaper then normal 😉 diesel. 

Message 2462 of 2,606
Highlighted
by: nat9319
on: 06/01/2017 | 12:45
@islasdad & @josh08shaw,

It's a common misconception that red diesel is just normal diesel dyed red, that's not actually the case...

They're different products, 'white' is ULS DERV, with a very low sulphur content, whereas most of what is sold as 'red' is 'gas oil', with a sulphur content many times higher. (It is possible to get ULS - Ultra Low Sulphur - gas oil, but it's pretty unusual).

Cars run well on both ULS DERV & gas oil, however most commercial vehicles won't run on ULS.

Also, running a car entirely on red diesel will slowly (Very slowly) kill your engine, but mixing it as 60% white & 40% red is perfectly fine for your engine, but still illegal.

I always knew red & white diesels weren't the same thing, but I never knew why, until now...
Message 2463 of 2,606
on: 06/01/2017 | 13:00
@nat9319 where did you find that matey?
'gas oil' sounds like heating oil, an old engine will run on it but I'd not risk it in anything modern like HDI & Common Rail or Turbo units...
There are a couple of types but 'red' is simply dyed and in a lower tax bracket for agricultural use... There is also a 'carbon offset' red but that isn't cheap like 'standard' red and is generally used by large fleet operators...

How you doing anyways?
lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2464 of 2,606
by: josh08shaw
on: 06/01/2017 | 16:40

@nat9319 & @islasdad

Any of you know anything about bio diesel? I know a few old cars can run onit but only with certain fuel pumps .

Message 2465 of 2,606
by: nat9319
on: 06/01/2017 | 17:44
@islasdad, http://bfy.tw/9JsZ

I'm doing alright I guess, you..?

@josh08shaw, not a clue, only that apparently if you run a car off used cooking oil, you're still supposed to pay fuel tax on it, but I'm not too sure...
Message 2466 of 2,606
on: 06/01/2017 | 17:52
as much as i can say about bio is yeah... fuel pump, hoses & filters all need to be carefully looked after with that stuff, certainly keep it away from anything modern like turbo's HDIs and common rails... But stuff like old mercs will run on it forever as long as you can handle smelling like an old chip-shop hahahaha
lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2467 of 2,606
by: andyslc
on: 10/01/2017 | 20:53
"Biofuel and other fuel substitutes are liable for Fuel Duty when they’re:

used as a fuel for any engine, motor or other machinery
used as an additive or extender in fuel
blended with hydrocarbon oil"

The current rate of duty for biofuel is £0.5795 per litre (exactly the same as for unleaded. Be aware that if you go anywhere abroad or are pulled while using some fuels is a recipe for a fine as @islasdad rightly says that chip shop smell is a dead give away and more than a few people have been caught out by a customs officer with a keen nose.
Veni vidi dormivi
Message 2468 of 2,606
on: 10/01/2017 | 23:13 edited: 10/01/2017 | 23:17

Righto guys n gals, can I back to the point of the thread pls? All this talk of DIEsel is getting me down...
That's not strictly true cos it's life in general, but, chatting with all you lot is a light relief from being in my head.

I sincerely hope the fact this thread has gone quite for new year means that most of you (us even) are having a good start to the year and are not 'needing' to post so much... Unfortunately that's not the case for me, everything has got on top of me cos I've still not found somewhere to live & the only place I might be able to put a caravan is literally in a field and has no access to water or electric.

My meds don't seem to be working right now cos real nasty dark stuff is going on inside me... I've got an appt with the Doc in the morning to look meds as I'm currently on the max dose, so it looks like time for something stronger... Waaahhhhhhh!!!Smiley Sad

The one point of niceness on my horizon is a wknd break with My (non-pervert) Uncle at the end of the month. so I'm trying to stay positive for that, but I'm right up against it and struggling everyday.

As I said, I hope everyone has had a good start to the year & I hope that continues for all of you... Mine surely can't get any worse, so it's gotta to better from now on. Fingers double crossed.

HUGS to allHeart

lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2469 of 2,606
by: scrivens007
on: 11/01/2017 | 00:41

As a Mental Health Nurse I can empathise with those who suffer from mental illness. It affects to many people in so many different ways from functional illnesses like anxiety and depression to self harm and suicide then organic illnesses like Dementia, Parkinson's and degenitive illnesses that slowly destroy brain cells. Accessing professional help sooner rather than later will undoubtedly improve your qualitily of life. Xx

Message 2470 of 2,606