Community

Do we just like to moan?

Started by: kirstyfellows17
On: 24/01/2018 | 16:06
Replies: 6

Highlighted
by: kirstyfellows17
on: 24/01/2018 | 16:06

Why do you you think we love a good moan/complain? 

Does it make for good conversation?

Bond people due to bad experience?

We love to find a fault rather than positives?  

There are many examples I could use .... But here's one 

If you went to a luxury hotel that was that the bees knees had everything you could want but you realise that they forgot to leave your complementary toiletries. You would forget how clean the room is ect ...march right down to reception and complain. 😂

Is it just english/British thing? Not sure

I'm not that extreme it was just an example but some people no matter how positive a situation is they will always find a negative. 

My mother in law had her bathroom done... It looked amazing tbh but when her husband finally saw the end result after the builder had finished, he didn't say how nice it was , he noticed a small crack in one of the tiles 😂 

She called it moaning. He called it an eye for detail. 

Message 1 of 7
by: themzbiker
on: 24/01/2018 | 16:57

i think the British are well known to like a

Moan or have a argument about some thing @kirstyfellows17 myself i like to keep happy and leave the arguments to other people it's the best way of staying happy 

Message 2 of 7
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 24/01/2018 | 17:02
Lol i think some people like to
Message 3 of 7
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 24/01/2018 | 17:10
I love a good moan I put the M in moan it cracks my partner up if there’s a fault even if there’s not I’ll be moan moan moan but never at home I’m more of a restaurant shop or generally out and about moaner
Message 4 of 7
by: majorincident
on: 24/01/2018 | 17:16

TripAdvisor has turned moaning into a national past time.  If the 'fault' doesn't spoil the overall enjoyment, let it go.  There are much bigger things to worry about.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 5 of 7
by: illneverrememberit
on: 24/01/2018 | 17:24

I think we do Smiley Happy

There's a bit in one of the Gilbert and Sullivan songs (I could be showing my age a bit here!) that goes:

Doesn't your day seem lank and long when all goes right and nothing goes wrong?

And isn't your day extremely flat with nothing whatever to grumble at?

Hope I've got that right - I've typed it from memory Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
by: frenchielove
on: 24/01/2018 | 19:41

@kirstyfellows17 I think some people would be miserable if they didn’t have something to moan about. I have been smiling at some of the write ups on trip advisor. I was looking at holiday cottages in the UK, one place in particular had fantastic reviews, then someone said, there was a cobweb they had found. Someone else said, the wine and biscuits were a nice gesture but there was no milk? 😋

Message 7 of 7