Knowledge Base
Community

Emirates brilliant service...

Started by: tokyobuta
On: 03/02/2019 | 12:39
Replies: 18

by: tokyobuta
on: 03/02/2019 | 12:39 edited: 03/02/2019 | 23:41

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be getting old - it's definitely better than the alternative - but there are new things to put up with.  These new challenges include increasingly frequent Senior Moments.  I had one such at Dubai Airport last week when I was changing planes on my way to Japan.  While rearranging my handbaggage after the security check I took out a small organiser bag - and in that Senior Moment - forgot to put it back.  It contained several small electical items including a pocket camera, a laptop charger and a bluetooth earbud headset.  By the time I realised what I had done I couldn't go back to look for it as I had changed terminals and there wasn't enough time before the onward flight started boarding.  I more or less gave up on ever seeing these items again, but a very helpful Emirates person gave me the email address of Emirates Lost and Found.

11 wasaramono.JPGReally happy to get the red package from Emirates ...

10 wasaramono.JPG... and even happier to find all my stuff inside.

Back in Tokyo I thought might as well give it a try, and a few emails and a couple of days later I heard that the little bag had been found and put on the next plane to Narita (Tokyo) Airport.   I could have gone to the airport to pick it up (no charge), but the helpful Emirates manager at Narita offered to send it to me by delivery service if I was prepared to pay.  Well worth the £6 it cost me to have it delivered as train fare to the airport would have been more than double as well as being a four or five hour round trip.

I was gobsmacked that the stuff had been found and that Emirates got it to me so quickly - about 7,900 km.  Brilliant service and brilliant customer care - well done and thank you, Emirates!

Message 1 of 19
on: 03/02/2019 | 12:48

Just realised that in another Senior Moment I have posted this in the wrong place - is there any way to move it to General Discussion?

Message 2 of 19
by: persco
on: 03/02/2019 | 12:56

@tokyobuta wrote:

Just realised that in another Senior Moment I have posted this in the wrong place - is there any way to move it to General Discussion?

It happens. You just need to report such instances using the report button to the Ed’s and the will move it for you @tokyobuta

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 19
on: 03/02/2019 | 13:01

@persco wrote:

@tokyobuta wrote:

It happens. You just need to report such instances using the report button to the Ed’s and the will move it for you @tokyobuta

Thanks for that @persco

Message 4 of 19
by: frenchielove
on: 03/02/2019 | 13:52

Ha ha @tokyobuta we all get those, alls well that ends well 🤗

Message 5 of 19
by: jeank
on: 03/02/2019 | 14:36 edited: 03/02/2019 | 15:42

@tokyobuta

@frenchielove

@persco

Ah ... we all have these 🤔 senior moments ...the joys of ageing lol ... Emirates is our number 1 most  favourite airline ... and simply the best,  so glad to hear you received your belongings back safely 👍✈

Message 6 of 19
by: pamfletch
on: 03/02/2019 | 14:45

@jeank@tokyobuta@frenchielove@persco senior moment? I know all about those! 😂😂😂

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 7 of 19
by: bluenose5
on: 03/02/2019 | 15:38
I Think you have seen the Rest but Fly the BEST. We'll Done Emirates great story with a Happy Ending. tokyobuta.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 19
by: contro
on: 03/02/2019 | 17:58

Nice to know there are still some good in the world

Message 9 of 19
by: matthewhill1996
on: 03/02/2019 | 17:59

Excellent outcome

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 19