Knowledge Base
Community

Eschew Resolutions - Make 2019 The Year You Create Lasting Habits

Started by: magspider
On: 01/01/2019 | 00:38
Replies: 2

by: magspider
on: 01/01/2019 | 00:38

The year has just begun, and hope stretches before us. Will you be making resolutions, like so many others? For many these turn ot to be just ideas, fancies that fade after mere weeks, or even days. The route to lasting change is to reframe the changes you want to make in terms of new habits.

The aptly named Ryan Holiday shares his methods for cultivating better habits. It starts with a key word: small.

He even says of his own resolutions: "I’ve wanted to make these changes for a long time. How do I transform my vague hopes into reality?" A clear vision, being accountable to yourself, and breaking down that vague, massive resolution into understandable, concrete things that can become habits.

Take in the whole of Ryan's method here:

https://medium.com/s/notes-on-changing-your-life/how-to-develop-better-habits-in-2019-143e1e21ecbc

Do share what you think, too.

[ No spiders were harmed in the making of this post ]

Join giffgaff, get £5 free bonus credit
Message 1 of 3
by: frenchielove
on: 01/01/2019 | 07:49

Very interesting read, some of it I can see working, I do things most days the same like put my stuff out for my walk the next morning. Not sure I like the idea of an app that charges you if you fail to do things, but hey ho, if it works for him. Befire I go out walking, I feed the birds, the dish of seeds is there on the side for me, I see where he is coming from. My diary is by my bedside for writing in each day.Thanks 

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: orlf
on: 01/01/2019 | 22:24
That's a good article with some really useful tips.
I'm Orlf. It's a Norwegian name.
Message 3 of 3