Knowledge Base
Community

Food For Thought

Started by: aquarius123
On: 24/07/2013 | 11:55
Replies: 2099

by: aquarius123
on: 13/09/2013 | 13:20

‘The concept of a tree of life as a many-branched tree is an illustration of the idea that all life on Earth is related. It has been used in mythology, religions and philosophies, as well as science. A tree of life is a motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies. It is a mystical concept that points out the interconnectedness of all life on our planet and a metaphor for the common descent of all life from the One in the evolutionary sense.’ From The Mythology Of The Tree Of Life

The tree of life of the Norse religion is called Yggdrasil. It represents the world and is sometimes considered to be a yew or an ash tree. Extensive lore surrounds this tree.  Accounts have survived of Germanic tribes who honoured sacred trees within their societies, for example Thor’s oak, sacred groves, the sacred tree at Uppsala and the wooden Irminsul pillar. An 1847 depiction of the Norse Yggdrasil appears in the Icelandic Prose ‘The Edda’ by Oluf Olufsen Bagge.

I am the root, I am the tree.

I am the soul of harmony.

I am the leaf. I am the flower.

I am the moment and the hour.

I am all-life and transient death.

I am the all-sustaining breath.

I am the Spring. I am the Fall.

I am the One, the source of all.

And though the Ash of Earth declines,

The wind of changes screams and whines,

My Will is limitless and strong.

My say: Eternal Summer’s song.

Pauline Brehony

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life

Message 21 of 2,100
on: 14/09/2013 | 11:49

Some believe that faith is a second rate option and many seem to think that religions can give people faith. Yet, some of the most devout church-goers that ever came my way were utterly bereft of faith, i.e. they had no trust in the goodness of life whatever. To this day, I am wondering whether the reason why these people go to church such a lot is that they are hoping that one fine day they will find faith there. However, genuine and lasting faith cannot be imparted by religions or anyone or anything else, because it is something that has to grow from within. It makes no difference whether one follows one of the religions of our world or none at all. The kind of faith we are on the Earth plane to seek can only be found by living our life and finding out that it really is a good and fair life from the reactions of the world around us to our own actions. It is good and right to seek the support of groups and to have some input into them, but whoever they may be, they cannot give us faith.

Yet, faith is vital for our survival, as an individual and as a species, because it lifts us above a purely earthly existence and expands our consciousness to an ever increasing perception of the higher levels of life, beyond that which is familiar to most. It enables us to travel farther, and to dream bigger. Let me tell you from first hand experience that in the final analysis, Earth life remains a dreary journey that lacks direction, purpose and meaning, until one becomes aware of what and who we truly are, and why we are here.

The recognition of this alone can give us a reason for living meaningfully and for choosing wisely, at all times. Until we find out that our life, the same as everybody else’s, indeed has purpose and meaning, true faith has little chance of growing from within. With the understanding that we have come into this lifetime in order to walk a certain pathway that is meant to teach us some much needed lessons, life itself finally helps us to build our existence on solid foundations and we recognise that every experience that comes our way presents us with more opportunities for growing ever more heaven-tall.

From Reflections On Faith

Message 22 of 2,100
Highlighted
on: 14/09/2013 | 12:54 edited: 11/10/2013 | 11:24

‘The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep.’ Henry Maudsley

Message 23 of 2,100
on: 15/09/2013 | 18:44

‘To become a spectator of one’s own life, is to avoid the suffering of life.’ Oscar Wilde

Message 24 of 2,100
by: banalio
on: 15/09/2013 | 19:41

beautiful

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 2,100
on: 27/09/2013 | 12:13

Blessed are those who do not take themselves too seriously

And can laugh about themselves,

For they shall have endless fun.

Blessed are those who can laugh with people, rather than at them,

For their life will be filled with laughter and smiles.

Blessed are those who can see beyond the end of their noses

Into the higher and highest realities of life,

For they shall go far.

From ‘The Be-attitudes For The Aquarian Age

Message 26 of 2,100
on: 27/09/2013 | 12:13

Blessed most of all are those who leave complaining

About the things that to them appear negative, wrong and ugly in your world

To people who do not yet know any better.

Trusting that in My time, not theirs, all wrongs will be righted,

Crooked corners be straightened and ugly things made beautiful,

They are doing their share of bringing these things about.

Aware that their thoughts create the realities of their lives,

Wise ones focus on that which is positive, good and beautiful on the Earth,

They will never cease to wonder about how much of it there is,

And they are closer to My heart than they may imagine.

From ‘The Be-attitudes For The Aquarian Age

Message 27 of 2,100
by: akamonobrow2
on: 27/09/2013 | 20:42

did anyone else expect a thread about food?

Message 28 of 2,100
on: 28/09/2013 | 13:05 edited: 11/10/2013 | 11:26

‘Sometimes it’s easier to say I don’t care than to explain all the reasons that you do.’ Anon.

Message 29 of 2,100
on: 06/10/2013 | 13:11 edited: 11/10/2013 | 11:27

‘Helping others is the prime purpose of human life. And if you cannot help them, at least do not hurt them.’ Dalai Lama

Message 30 of 2,100