Started by: aquarius123
On: 24/07/2013 | 11:55
Replies: 1977

by: aquarius123
on: 24/07/2013 | 11:55

The Value Of A Hug

A hug is love in its purest form.

Giving, receiving and exchanging it costs nothing,

And is one of the finest things Earth life has to offer.

It heals relationships by wanting nothing from others,

Only to give of itself and hoping

That love’s gift will be accepted.

A hug feels good, it disperses loneliness and

The fear of each other.

It’s self-esteem building when a soul says to itself:

‘Wow! I am lovable, someone wants to hug me!’

A hug slows down ageing,

So people who keep on hugging never grow old.

A hug eases tensions and insomnia.

It keeps arms and shoulder muscles in good condition,

And is ecologically sound, as it enhances any environment.

Democratic because everybody is always eligible,

It is so portable that you can take it with you wherever you go.

A hug creates and affirms physical being.

It saves heat and is therefore energy efficient.

It makes difficult days bearable and happy ones better still,

Helping you to feel good all day.

And that’s why I am sending you an

Extra great big special hug – now!

Anon.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

Message 1 of 1,978
on: 24/07/2013 | 11:56

We are all the Universe’s beloved children of the Earth and an integral part of Its Creation. Our true nature is love and every one of us is valuable and has a right to find a measure of happiness in loving and being loved. The awareness of those who still mistake themselves for nothing but earthlings is in need of the healing that comes finding a better understanding of this.

From Reflections On Life

Message 2 of 1,978
by: simonefaye78
on: 24/07/2013 | 12:07
That verse about hugs is brilliant, it puts into words what I think about them.

This is a little verse I have about hugs

A little hug

Whenever you are feeling sad
And things aren't going right
And your usual happy smile
Has slipped right out of sight,
Here's a little hug from me
If I cannot be there
Because I want you to know
Just how much I care
So anyway...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 1,978
on: 24/07/2013 | 12:47 edited: 22/11/2016 | 14:33

@simonefaye78 wrote:
That verse about hugs is brilliant, it puts into words what I think about them.

This is a little verse I have about hugs

A little hug ...

That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. I have added it to my collection.

With love - Aquarius

Message 4 of 1,978
on: 24/07/2013 | 12:57
I'm glad you like it Smiley Happy I can't take credit for writing it though, it is on one of those keepsake cards, I got given it a few years ago by a dear friend
So anyway...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 1,978
on: 24/07/2013 | 13:12 edited: 24/07/2013 | 13:16

That doesn't matter. You might like to have a look at it on my website. Here's a link:

A Little Hug

Hope it works and you like it.

With love - Aquarius

Message 6 of 1,978
on: 24/07/2013 | 13:47
Ah that looks good, especially with the little pic of Snoopy and Woodstock Smiley Happy
So anyway...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 1,978
on: 25/07/2013 | 11:59

Glad you like it! I didn't know that Snoopy's little companion is called Woodstock. Thanks for telling me.

With love - Aquarius

Message 8 of 1,978
on: 25/07/2013 | 11:59

The Value Of A Smile

The ability to smile is one of the finest and greatest gifts God has bestowed upon humankind. A smile is one of life’s most profound paradoxes. In spite of being very valuable it costs nothing. Precious beyond compare, like all the best things in life, there is no charge for it. Although it has no intrinsic value, it cannot be bought, begged, stolen or borrowed. A gift of love that can only be given away, it enriches giver and receiver simultaneously.

A smile is a vital part of life’s magic. Sometimes it acts like a light that someone suddenly switches on in a darkened room. It can make the plainest face beautiful; and though a smile takes but a moment, its memory may linger forever in someone’s heart and soul. A smile can create happiness wherever it is placed, in the home, between friends and in business. It is a signal of goodwill between all people, nature’s best antidote to trouble, rest to the weary and a ray of sunshine to those who are discouraged and sad. No-one needs a smile as much as those who feel as if they had nothing to smile about. So, next time you meet someone who seems to have forgotten how to smile, grant them the gift of one of yours and see what happens.

The law of the Universe is love and God communicates with us through people. A smile that comes from the heart is a part of the universal language of love that requires no interpreter; everybody understands it. Through such a smile we find God in everyone; we open our hearts and souls to each other and convey the message: ‘I love you; you are my sibling.’

At times smiling takes courage, because it makes us vulnerable and we may risk rejection. But it’s worthwhile trying, for when someone returns our smile, our souls open and we are looking at each other through the eyes of God. Somehow we recognise in the other the great love of our Divine Father/Mother, who cares for us especially when we have to endure pain and confusion, to send someone along whose smile reassures us and shows us that all rests safely in God’s loving hands. Smiling allows us to take part in the goodness of Heaven. Wherever we may find ourselves, each time someone smiles a small piece of Heaven is brought onto the Earth plane that can be shared by all who know how to respond to it.

This is dedicated to my friend Eva, now in the world of light. When she was still with us, at eighty-eight and wheelchair bound, she had the most infectious and glorious smile. It was sheer magic to watch her face light us in one of her smiles. It made her look astonishingly young and it was easy to see how her soul’s secret beauty radiated into our world, like a bright golden Star that lit up all it touched. She was living proof of the truth that the human soul and spirit are ageless and eternally young, and that seeing indeed is believing!

Anon.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

Message 9 of 1,978
on: 25/07/2013 | 12:00
You're welcome Smiley Happy
So anyway...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 1,978