Community

Food For Thought

Started by: aquarius123
On: 24/07/2013 | 11:55
Replies: 2095

by: aquarius123
on: 05/08/2013 | 11:54 edited: 05/08/2013 | 11:55

The Law Of The Garbage Truck

On my way to the airport the other day, I decided to go by taxi. Driving in the outer lane, seemingly out of nowhere a car forced its way straight from a parking space in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on the brakes, which sent us into a skid and we missed the other car by only a few inches. The offender wound down his window, shook at fist and shouted at us. To my astonishment, my driver kept his cool. He just smiled and waved at the other one in a friendly way.

‘Why did you do that, when the chap almost ruined your car and sent us into hospital?’ I asked.

‘Ah well,’ the driver replied, ‘I forgive him because he’s one of those who obeys the law of the garbage truck. He doesn’t know what he’s doing to himself, as far too many these days do, unfortunately.’

When I asked him what he meant by that, he continued: ‘In my view, some folks are like garbage trucks. They are filled with the emotional debris of their accumulated frustrations, anger and disappointments. As it piles up in them, from time to time they have to relieve themselves by dumping some of their rubbish. If you happen to get in their way, they pour it onto you. There’s never any need for taking things personally. That’s why I just smile, wave, wish them well and –  if you believe in this kind of thing, like I do – bless them, then simply move on. I never take their stuff on board and I refuse to spread it to those around me at work, at home or on the streets. They too haven’t deserved that kind of treatment.

‘Anyway, I believe that what we send out into the world returns to us like a boomerang. That’s why to those who dump their rubbish on others nothing but refuse can return. People who are content with themselves and their existence in the great scheme of things, do not allow the contents of other people’s garbage trucks to ruin their days. They know that life’s too short for regrets and that it’s better by far to love those who treat us right and pray for the ones who don’t.

‘Everybody has a different perceptions of life. If we think of our world as a garbage dump, that’s all we shall be able to see and we remain blind to the millions of good things that are everywhere, in people and situations alike. As a result, we slowly but surely  glide into an ever darker and more gloomy view of our world. This inevitably leads to depression and an ever stronger impulse to escape from such a place by whatever means available: alcohol, drugs – prescribed and unprescribed – and finally suicide. Those who choose to focus on everything that is good and positive in this life instead, get ever more involved with this side. To me, life is ninety percent perception. How we make use of the remaining ten percent depends entirely on the choices we make.’

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

Message 11 of 2,096
on: 08/08/2013 | 12:37

‘Ultimately, all suffering of your world is self-inflicted through outrageous behaviour in previous lifetimes. Because of your oneness on the inner level of life, whatever you do to somebody else, with good or bad intentions, you also do to yourself. The law of Karma, My law, commands that whatever anyone sends out into My Creation has to return to its sender, for good and for bad. That’s why all your negative and destructive thoughts, words and actions in the end find their way back to you. Their results have to be endured and then made good  by you at some stage, either in this lifetime or in future ones.

‘For a long time your earthly self remains unaware of all these things and suffers intensely from – unbeknown to itself – the results of its own actions. When the going on the Earth plane gets particularly rough, the memories of your soul awake and start nudging you, it’s earthly counterpart, and reminds you of your true nature and home. Its yearning causes the Divine qualities of compassion and love to stir in your human heart. My spark within you wakes from its slumbers, comes alive and over time slowly but surely grows into a small flame.’

From Written In The Stars

Message 12 of 2,096
by: evr301265
on: 08/08/2013 | 12:41

All this is of absolute beauty and wonderful sentiments except for the fact it involves people and it seems that is the only drawback....!!!!!

Message 13 of 2,096
on: 15/08/2013 | 12:32 edited: 15/08/2013 | 12:33

Human souls in their earthly existence In its earthly existence the human soul frequently suffer from severe bouts of homesickness. This is known as the Divine sickness of the soul. Its intention is to guide the earthly personality into searching for a true home that nothing and nobody will ever be able to destroy and take away. This personality has a soul that is soft and sensitive and therefore has great difficulties coming to terms with the harsh conditions of the Earth plane with its materialism, greed and selfishness, violence and cruelty. When our soul bleeds and suffers for all manner of reasons, especially the lack of understanding of our small earthly self, our soul’s consciousness grows and that of our whole world expands with it.

This, however, is small comfort indeed when we, the small earthly self, are hurting like hell and have no idea that the very reason for our suffering is that our soul is trying to tell us something. Our Highest spirit of God self looks on with great wisdom and ineffable love. It smiles because at long last our earthly self is beginning to fulfil the purpose of all our lifetimes on the Earth plane and that is finding an ever increasing comprehension of God’s true nature and our own.

The Wanderer

I come from highlands down to shore,

The valleys steam, the oceans roar.

I wander silent, joyless here:

My sigh keeps asking! ‘Where? Oh, where?’

Their Sun appears to me so cold,

Their blossoms limp, their life so old;

And what they speak of, empty fare:

I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, land, beloved home?

Imagined, sought, but never known!

The land, the land, whence hope does flow,

The land where all my roses grow,

Where friends shall never meet in vain,

Where all my dead shall rise again,

The land that speaks my language true:

Oh land, where are you?

I wander silent, joyless here,

My sigh keeps asking: ‘Where? Oh where?’

The spirits answer my distress:

‘Where you are not, there’s happiness.’

Georg Phillip Schmidt

Translated by Walter A. Aue

Set to music by Franz Schubert

From ‘Healers and Healing’

Message 14 of 2,096
on: 19/08/2013 | 12:17

It’s A Puzzlement

If all good people were clever,

And all clever people were good,

The world would be nicer than ever

We thought that it possibly could.

But alas, it is seldom or never

That the two hit it off as they should.

Why is it that all too often

The good are so hard on the clever,

And the clever so rude to the good?

Anon.

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

Message 15 of 2,096
on: 21/08/2013 | 12:01

‘Nothing is impossible for those who are willing to try.’ Alexander the Great

From Reflections On Life

Message 16 of 2,096
on: 22/08/2013 | 11:52

‘You cannot change the way someone else feels if their mind is set or their past has a hold of them. Until they want it for themselves, you have to let them be. Be brave, gentle and set yourself free.’ Katie Curran Taylor

From Reflections On Life

Message 17 of 2,096
on: 23/08/2013 | 11:25

‘With the coming of the Aquarian age the patriarchy has served its purpose. All around clear evidence is emerging that the balance between the feminine and masculine aspects of Creation is slowly re-establishing itself in our inner and outer world. However, as the love and wisdom aspect of our Father/Mother Creator is conscious in women and unconscious in men, it is hardly surprising that to this day the Goddess’s qualities can be a scarce commodity with the males of our species. Unless they take care to grow and evolve through their relationships, the way we are meant to do on the Earth plane, in their present lifetime many of them are in danger of remaining stuck in the evolutionary phase of frivolous and irresponsible little boys. Rather than patiently working their way through the difficulties that arise from the gender’s different perceptions of and approach to life, these men prefer to take to their heels.

‘Six thousand years of patriarchy of the past with its systematic and ever more brutal suppression of the feminine principle in our world, to this day have left many a male of our species bereft of the Goddess’s characteristics. Although by now good progress is being made on the road of recovery, at the time of writing this in the year 2013, our world still has a long way to go until the required balance has fully been restored. And so, it is hardly surprising that so many marriages these days all too easily turn into a deck of cards, as someone once put it. In the beginning the two people involved needed nothing but two hearts and a diamond. But, by the end both of them may well wish they each had a club and a spade instead.’

From ‘The Patriarchy And Warfare Through The Ages’, presently in preparation.

Message 18 of 2,096
on: 02/09/2013 | 12:47 edited: 04/09/2013 | 11:05

Open Letter To The Warmongers Of Our World

Hosea 8:7 from the Old Testament strikes an early warning note into the heart of humankind about the consequences of all warmongering: ‘They have sown the wind and they have reaped the whirlwind. It has no stalk, nor an ear to yield meal, and if it were to yield, the strangers shall eat it.’ This teaching has not just one but two hidden esoteric meanings. First it refers to the law of Karma, i.e. what we send out into the world must return to us. But that is by no means all there is to it. In keeping with the Universal laws the force of whatever any one of us creates on the Earth plane through their thought processes and the actions following them increases and gathers ever more strength and momentum on its way back to us. This demonstrates that humankind’s most urgent need is taking charge of our thought processes and learning to control them. Constant practice alone can help us to become its masters rather than its servants. . .

May the orgies of destruction during World War II of places like Berlin, Leipzig, Chemnitz and Dresden – in particular on February 13 and 15, 1945 – serve as a reminder of how Germany, because it sowed the wind of war, could not escape the consequences of its actions. Universal justice worked through the Allies and ensured that the civilian population had to reap the bitter harvest of what our politicians had sown. The historian Frederick Taylor wrote about the destruction of Dresden: ‘It has an epically tragic quality to it. Dresden was a wonderfully beautiful city and a symbol of baroque humanism and all that was best in Germany. It also contained all the worst from Germany during the Nazi period. In that sense it is an absolutely exemplary tragedy for the horrors of twentieth century warfare.’

Let this be a warning to those who to this day are walking on the warpath. We need to consider that with any event on the Earth plane there is always more than can be seen by our earthly eyes. The world around us is a reflection and an outer manifestation of the inner realities of life. No matter what happens in the world around us, we do well to remind ourselves that manmade and natural disasters alike are part of the Universal justice of the law of Karma. How can we as individuals counteract this and do our share of restoring the balance of our world?’ A great deal could be achieved if those who are reading this in their prayers and meditations ask for the radiance of the Goddess’s wisdom to flow from the Highest Star into the hearts and souls of the political, business and spiritual leaders of our world, to help them with their awakening.

Every war our world has ever seen has been proof of the fact that one fire cannot extinguished by another. All  this can achieve is creating more of the same. Humankind’s long history of warfare is a clear demonstration of how the Universal laws saw to it that the destructive forces of war always did indeed return to us and our world. They did this with a force that time and again had multiplied. The destructiveness and callousness of the two World Wars bear witness of this. During the review of this chapter, at the beginning of September 2013, the warmongers in our midst are again flexing the muscles of their ever more sophisticated war machinery, rearing to have yet another go.

Have we, as a race, not learnt anything from the mistakes of the past? Are the people in charge blind to the spiritual background of our earthly existence and the Universal laws that govern all life in the whole of Creation? Or are they merely pretending not to know that we are responsible for every one of our thoughts, words and actions? Independent of whether their intention is for good and for evil purposes, each one of them causes a reaction, and every bit of what anyone sends out into our world, it can do nothing but eventually return to its sender and that with constantly increasing strength. Love is the law of life and pretending blindness is an even greater transgression against this law than mere ignorance.

From Sowing The Wind

‘War and Peace between Nations’

Message 19 of 2,096
on: 07/09/2013 | 12:03

‘When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.’  Helen Keller

‘If you are going through hell, keep going.’ Winston Churchill

‘There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Just pray it’s not a train!’ Anon.

Message 20 of 2,096