Knowledge Base
Community

Foreign criminals burden on state

Started by: superhans
On: 05/10/2016 | 08:35
Replies: 7

by: superhans
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:35

With Teresa May saying that EU criminals who commit crime will be deported and banned from the UK, it followed onto an article quoting this senior judge.  I noticed on my last trip to London, gangs of pickpockets on the tube

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/07/old-bailey-judge-retiring-after-20-years-condemns-burden-...

Nominated for giffgaff poster of the year 2016
Message 1 of 8
by: tradertall
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:41
Won't change the finances of our country if the EU sends us back Brit criminals in return
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
by: majorincident
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:41
Stay away from London, and in particular the tube, because, of course, gangs of pick pockets don't operate anywhere else in the country and other rapid transit systems are closed to them.
If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 3 of 8
by: gvmhb
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:47

I'm sure this is true. I have a friend who's shop was targeted by a gang of Romanian shoplifters Smiley Mad

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: andyslc
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:48
Interesting link about foreign criminals burdening a state here: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/jason-coghlan-jacoglaw-marbella-costa-del-sol-crime
Veni vidi dormivi
Message 5 of 8
by: arahant
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:54

tradertall wrote:

Won't change the finances of our country if the EU sends us back Brit criminals in return

say that to abu hamza. now we will have the power to kick people like him out without them costing the uk tax payer millions hiding behind the european court of human rights. 

this is my new profile for nosherfj
Message 6 of 8
by: andyslc
on: 05/10/2016 | 08:55
I remember one time having to do a sleep study at St Thomas's Hospital - 2011 I think. My room overlooked Westminster Bridge and during the day it was the usual bagpipe player, Chinese wire bender, and Eastern Europeans selling chestnuts and dodging the local police. At about 7 in the evening it completely changed and you had Eastern European gangs running betting scams on unsuspecting tourists complete with stooges to suck people in, lookouts on every corner and people watching for likely pick pocket targets. I d been on that bridge many times and never seen anything like it. The lack of police (who undoubtedly had more important problems in central London at that time of day) made it all too easy.
Veni vidi dormivi
Message 7 of 8
by: superhans
on: 05/10/2016 | 09:02

andyslc wrote:

I remember one time having to do a sleep study at St Thomas's Hospital - 2011 I think. My room overlooked Westminster Bridge and during the day it was the usual bagpipe player, Chinese wire bender, and Eastern Europeans selling chestnuts and dodging the local police. At about 7 in the evening it completely changed and you had Eastern European gangs running betting scams on unsuspecting tourists complete with stooges to suck people in, lookouts on every corner and people watching for likely pick pocket targets. I d been on that bridge many times and never seen anything like it. The lack of police (who undoubtedly had more important problems in central London at that time of day) made it all too easy.

I stayed in the Park Plaza hotel opposite it for several weeks, so know that area well, and what you speak of. Was always funny if I was moving briskly in business attire I was ignored, but if I was in causal wear and looking around you would get hassled by people selling stuff and more attention from the romanians 

Nominated for giffgaff poster of the year 2016
Message 8 of 8