Community

Giffgaff failure

Started by: taniabarnet
On: 07/12/2018 | 13:34
Replies: 13

by: taniabarnet
on: 07/12/2018 | 13:34

Dear Giffgaff

The only thing you did wrong yesterday was not advertising on FB that there are problems and you are working to solve them. And of course letting us find out the nature of the problems and the extend through the media...

Tesco Mobile who are also using the same carrier as yourselves, made sure to keep posting adverts on FB that showed up on people's newsfeed regardless of them being members. You should have done the same. 

Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
by: mrbond007
on: 07/12/2018 | 13:37

I think there were enough ways to find out about the issues 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: goofygirl
on: 07/12/2018 | 13:47
I dont do facebook so no good to me, i kept checking on the news channel, and kept looking at my phone 😀😀 glad it all got sorted
Message 3 of 14
by: ray2
on: 07/12/2018 | 13:52

Hi @taniabarnet

There is a post in announcement,around helping out all the members who were affected by yesterdays issue,s

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry/...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 14
by: dory85
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:07

It was all over the papers on Facebook 

Message 5 of 14
on: 14/12/2018 | 15:57
@dory85 not talking about the newspapers but about a post directly from Giffgaff like Tesco did.
Message 6 of 14
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 14/12/2018 | 16:20
I dont do fb and it popped up breaking news on sky so ....
Message 7 of 14
by: vickilog
on: 14/12/2018 | 16:30

@taniabarnet i beg to differ, i was kept up to date on facebook ☺

Message 8 of 14
by: deltayankee3
on: 14/12/2018 | 17:19
Sad that you rely on facebook for your news, very sad indeed! So you have no back up but for one version of events?

It was so well publicised to the whole of the UK and you rely on a USA bound one source, one trick pony who has serious security, false news issues?
Message 9 of 14
on: 14/12/2018 | 18:17
What is sad deltayakee3 is that you see it fit to make a personal attack on me. I was one of the first people to notice the network is down and I sat patiently waiting for it to be fixed. I did not go online to cause havoc and talk about losing business and demand heads on the chopping block. All I said is that Tesco made updates on FB and I feel Giffgaff should have done the same. Irrelevant of it going on the news (which took them some time to report and a lot longer to identify issue). Whether you like it or not, a lot of people are on FB and other social media nowadays and it is the first app they check in the morning and the last at night. So throughout the day, Tesco Mobile was giving updates and apologies so they handled it better than our own provider. My opinion. You do not have to like it or agree with it, but do not belittle me and do not enter politics into a simple discussion.
Message 10 of 14