Knowledge Base
Community

Green houses what make do you have.

Started by: killgaron
On: 21/04/2019 | 23:31
Replies: 3

by: killgaron
on: 21/04/2019 | 23:31

As we live in a very windy area of north wales,what type of greenhouse to get?,after much and many hours of reading garden mags and looking on the internet trying to decide on the right type.

We decided on a Rhino they are very well built and once put together ours weighs in at around 400kg,the glass is 4ml thick, and you can stand it on either soil, slabs or you can have a concrete base.

We did a concrete base, the size of ours is 10 ft x 12 ft, its brilliant and has with stood 95 mile an hour winds.

We bought this one in there sale so it was a very good buy.

What have you got or are you going to up grade.Killgaron

Message 1 of 4
by: birop86
on: 22/04/2019 | 01:54

Bog standard pollytunnel for me, but defo wish could get big glass one, but still looking into free heat for next winter no its a bit early but gonna try grow all year round then. Like putting compost pile in it for free warmth 

Message 2 of 4
by: gvmhb
on: 22/04/2019 | 06:32

I have a polytunnel from Premier Polytunnels

I'm in quite an exposed spot in Southern England so I put u-bolts on the ground tubes with some concrete around. They do sell anchor plates but they cost more than I wanted to pay.

It's been up for 8 years now with the original cover which I put on by moonlight Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 4
by: monkey_for_sale
on: 22/04/2019 | 06:37

Serious green house/garden envy here. All I have are several window boxes and house plants. Smiley Sad

Dyslexia is a thing.
Message 4 of 4