Knowledge Base
Community

Halloween campaign pre-launch competition to win a brand new Samsung Tab A 7 (closed)

Started by: aggy_agate
On: 12/10/2018 | 13:22
Replies: 18

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 16/10/2018 | 09:32

Any stories at all? 

We really hoped to share some of our member stories on Instagram today. :/ I'm sure you all have lovely stories to tell, doesn't need to be long at all. Come on guys, I know you have something to share. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
by: revjonty
on: 16/10/2018 | 09:56
OK @aggy_agate
This isn't really a family tradition, but...

A few years ago I was spending some time alone in a house in the middle of nowhere, miles from the nearest neighbours.
It was Halloween, and I was outside enjoying the stars with a campfire, and I noticed lights in the distance, a precession of lights, then another in a different direction, then another. Several seperate precesions of lights winding their way across the hillsides in all directions, then converging half a mile or so away. It was really strange, and a little bit scary (remember I was on my own in an isolated cottage).

I later discovered that it was a local tradition for groups to walk all the pathways by torchlight on all hallows eve, (I believe it has something to do with maintaining the rights of way) and that was what I witnessed.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 19
by: extreme_one
on: 16/10/2018 | 10:28

My children are odd I can't deny,

If you've the time I'll tell you why.

The kids try really hard at school,

despite the fact they're just not cool,

their friends find them all rather scary,

well, they are extremely hairy!

The boys are graced with a shaggy beard,

the girls have eyebrows to be feared,

their backs and arms are rather fluffy,

they're usually described as scruffy!

Their hair looks like it should be sheared,

but they just can't help looking weird,

I blame their mother!

hairy-woman

Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 19
community giff-staffer

on: 16/10/2018 | 12:17 edited: 16/10/2018 | 14:26

I think one could easily make a horror movie out of some of the random things my grandma does. Smiley Very Happy

I came from an Eastern Europen family you see, and one thing eastern Europeans tend to like is natural medicine. So my family has taken it quite far. The worst thing about getting ill wasn't being ill but being taken care of. I've been fed nettle soups and some questionable mixtures but some things still haunt me today. Hot potato socks and homemade stinkhorn elixir (even managed to find a link for you http://zemestauki.info/indexen.html) has changed me forever. Smiley Very Happy Also, you can't even imagine all the weird uses Latvians will find for garlic. If you ever need an alternative cure that will most likely work but haunt you forever, I can put you in touch with my grandma. Bless her Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 19
by: natty_noo
on: 16/10/2018 | 13:32

@aggy_agate wrote:

I think one could easily make a horror movie out of some of the random things my grandma does. Smiley Very Happy

I came from an Eastern Europen family you see, and one thing eastern Europeans tend to like is natural medicine. So my family has taken it quite far. The worst thing about being ill in my family wasn't being ill but being cured. I've been fed nettle soups and some questionable mixtures but some things still hunt me today. Hot potato socks and homemade stinkhorn elixir (even managed to find a link for you http://zemestauki.info/indexen.html) has changed me forever. Smiley Very Happy Also, you can't even imagine all the weird uses Latvians will find for garlic. If you ever need an alternative, weird cure that will most likely work but hunt you forever, I can put you in touch with my grandma. Bless her Smiley Very Happy

Being haunted forever would be bad enough @aggy_agate , but to 'hunt' you forever just seems damn right cruel Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 19
community giff-staffer

on: 16/10/2018 | 14:30

Oh dear, that's my brain today right there. Smiley Very Happy  That's what you get when trying to multitask. 

Message 16 of 19
by: carogix
on: 18/10/2018 | 03:43
putting on my thinking cap
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 19
by: sibtahmed
on: 18/10/2018 | 21:56
Interesting.
Message 18 of 19
by: bobrobinson
on: 18/10/2018 | 22:06

It sounds realy exciting @aggy_agate

Im going to try and have a go in the competition.

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 19