Knowledge Base
Community

Help

Started by: vorb
On: 25/12/2018 | 18:33
Replies: 30

by: vorb
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:33

Round my parents being subjected to Christmas Strictly Come Dancing. Please send help.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 1 of 31
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:39

😂🤣😂🤣 oh flaming heck @vorb can't you just faint or something.

Message 2 of 31
by: techiebloke
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:41 edited: 25/12/2018 | 18:44

@vorb

Had a flick through the EPG myself earlier and it's all round same .... different year so am afraid it's not going to get any better, there's probably a Morecambe and Wise repeat later too, woo hoo!

Thank goodness for NowTV/Netflix, found myself watching Trading Places earlier (I've not seen it before) and watching Sleepless in Seattle last night (not seen that before either)

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 3 of 31
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:44
Apparently Call the Midwife and EastEnders is on the cards too.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 4 of 31
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:49
@techiebloke I don't normally watch 'normal TV' either. Netflix or Amazon Video are my go to generally.

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 5 of 31
by: techiebloke
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:50

@vorb wrote:

Apparently Call the Midwife and EastEnders is on the cards too.

@vorb

While I've not seen EastEnders (or DeadEnders as I prefer to call it) for years I guess the episode will probably involve:

1. A punch up in the Vic

2.Someone sat bawling their eyes out with a bottle of Whisky and a bottle of Paracetamol.

New Years Eve repeat but exchange the faint sound of a good ol' Cockney Christmas sing song/radio playing Last Christmas by Wham with the faint sounds of Auld Lang Syne and fireworks.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 6 of 31
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:52
@techiebloke Think you've nailed it!

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 7 of 31
by: loyalistdan
on: 25/12/2018 | 18:52

@vorb wrote:

Round my parents being subjected to Christmas Strictly Come Dancing. Please send help.

i wouldn`t wish that on anyone Smiley Very Happy thank goodness for netflix

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 31
by: k89bpa
on: 25/12/2018 | 19:02
Ya, escape to another room and use one of the subscription services.

I indulged in a graphic Polish movie called "Hatred" about a really unpleasant time in Polish/Ukrainian relations which had the second world war as it's backdrop. It was brutal. Perfect for Christmas.

That was sandwiched between binges of Lea Salonga.

So much better than television, lol

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 9 of 31
on: 25/12/2018 | 19:07

@k89bpa wrote:

I indulged in a graphic Polish movie called "Hatred" about a really unpleasant time in Polish/Ukrainian relations which had the second world war as it's backdrop. It was brutal. 

Still sounds less depressing than EastEnders!

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 10 of 31