Knowledge Base
Community

I'm Glad I'm Not In The States Right Now...

Started by: fozzie17
On: 31/01/2019 | 11:55
Replies: 18

by: c_lockett
on: 31/01/2019 | 17:53
Me too @fozzie17 It's so scary what's going on with the weather there at the moment. Don't think I could cope. ❄️❄️❄️❄️
Message 11 of 19
by: claire1uk
on: 31/01/2019 | 18:00

I'm definitely glad I'm not in the States at the moment @fozzie17.   -6 here was to cold for me. 

Bring back that nice warm weather. ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Message 12 of 19
by: standardbearer
on: 03/02/2019 | 19:54
Sun came out today and melted the ice and frost.
Went for a great walk, was warm at times. Reminds me of things to come. Well hopefully.
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 13 of 19
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:06
I doubt id cope with that
Message 14 of 19
by: samarthan
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:07

im with u on that 1 @fozzie17

Message 15 of 19
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:26
@fozzie17
Glad I'm not in America

It was -11.7 in Northumberland last night😨 and that's nothing compared to what the states is getting

It's when the snow thaws and there's floods

Yvonne
Message 16 of 19
by: themzbiker
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:28
@fozzie17

Blimey 40 degrees sounds lovely does that it's freezing here 🌬
Message 17 of 19
by: messengerofthegods
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:36
The USA is a massive country y'know, there's more to it than the Midwest. Go to Arizona, it'll be warm there.
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
by: 7whales
on: 04/02/2019 | 06:53 edited: 04/02/2019 | 15:55

@messengerofthegods . Beautiful state, Arizona, with the Grand Canyon, Snoopy Mountain in Sedona with the vortices and amazing scenery. Red rock hills and all, and those famous hundreds year old cacti in the southern desert areas. Black lava from thousands of years ago there too. Even parts of an old bridge from London, England, tranported block by block to Lake Havasu, Arizona, and rebuilt there across the Colorado River.

But it does snow in Arizona during the Winter. Several ski runs in different parts of the state, and even the southern desert usually gets a dusting of light snow, but not enough to harm the plants and animules there.

My wife and I rented a car in Las Vegas one March some years ago, for a day trip to the Grand Canyon. Warm and sunny in LV that day, but when we got to the south rim of the Canyon four hours later, we found a heavy snowfall in progress. Spent an hour trying to see all the views during the snow, before turning around for the drive back to LV. Many years later we met our sister and brother in law in LV when they flew over from Belfast to meet us there. It was in late May and we rented a car once again, to show them the splendors of the Grand Canyon. Two hours into the trip we ran into such a severe snowstorm along the Interstate that we had to get off the highway because the whiteouts made it almost impossible to see the road a few feet ahead. Stopped for lunch and the cars already in that parking lot had a foot of snow or more on their roofs, but when we came out of the restaurant all the snow had melted completely under the bright warm sunshine.

Amazing state, Arizona.

Bit cooler in Canada too right now, so don't limit your sympathies to only the States.

Toronto area had windchills down to -35C for several nights recently, with heavy snow delaying commuters on highways and rail services. Many airline flights were cancelled. In a nearby province, one small town had an overnight windchill of -58.7C. (That's probably why it's a very small town).

7whales.

Message 19 of 19