Knowledge Base
Community

In-store or online ?

Started by: karenyates
On: 10/01/2019 | 18:00
Replies: 69

by: karenyates
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:59

I don't blame you for not wanting to navigate the crowds,whilst in a wheelchair.

It was bad enough yesrs ago with a toddler and baby twins in a double pram.😫No online option then though.

The thought of shopping in The Trafford Centre fills me with dread, why are people so rude? 

Thankfully 99% of my customers are really nice and polite,which in turn means I will always go out of my way to help them,however long it takes.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 41 of 70
on: 11/01/2019 | 21:04

@nefarius

No we bought from a main dealer,about 6 weeks ago.

I would not buy off eBay or a dodgy car pitch.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 42 of 70
by: nefarius
on: 11/01/2019 | 22:29

Fair enough. I bought two cars online. One from ebay and the other from trademe, in NZ. Neither were available from a dealer. @karenyates

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 43 of 70
Highlighted
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 12/01/2019 | 08:54

@karenyates i have to admit i like shopping in store u can really make a day of it enjoy trying on.  I mainly like shopping instore for clothes and shoes

For small things like books etc i shop online.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 44 of 70
on: 12/01/2019 | 09:50

@mariomariott

Going on the way home is great cause it saves time and fuel (if driving).

My problem with it is,if I go after work and im hungy,then I spend so much more.☺

The cash idea is a good one,if we would all set a budget and not go over,we'd all be a lot better off.👍

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 45 of 70
on: 13/01/2019 | 11:24

@karenyates another reason why i prefer to shop instore is because going out to shop in towns and retail parks creates jobs where as online shopping is killing the high street and there is a reduction in jobs

A reason why i never use self checkout machines in super markets i would rather help the check out cashiers/operators who work hard for the money they earn.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 46 of 70
on: 13/01/2019 | 12:11

I totally agree @shabazmoqsud, the high street will be gone altogether if something isn't done soon.The rents on these premises are ludicrous,if the owners lowered the rents at least there wouldn't be so many empty units,which makes the place look so depressing.☹

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 47 of 70
on: 13/01/2019 | 14:16

@karenyates wrote:

I totally agree @shabazmoqsud, the high street will be gone altogether if something isn't done soon.The rents on these premises are ludicrous,if the owners lowered the rents at least there wouldn't be so many empty units,which makes the place look so depressing.☹

@karenyates where i live in scotland 15 years ago the town centre was full of retailers u could have ur pick of jobs as a student then now its all coffee shops and charities shops.  I agree with you i personally think the responsibility of rent and rates should be given to the councils not the landlords themselves and the UK and Scottish Government should lower and cap rent or rates so that even if the big franchises leave as they have been doing small to medium size local businesses can thrive.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 48 of 70
by: goofygirl
on: 13/01/2019 | 15:02
Mainly in store, I like to see what I am buying, and for clothes I like to try before i hand over my hard earned cash 😀
@karenyates
Message 49 of 70
by: silemairin
on: 13/01/2019 | 15:18

Groceries click and collect asda, my husband or daughter collect as I do not drive [thats my one regret in life spatial awareness problem thanks to an accident to eye as a child]. so thank goodness I shop for art materials, clothes shoes online luv it the world is ones oyster most of my clothing comes from abroad generally cheaper and often post free  and ebay a treasure trove .

Message 50 of 70