Knowledge Base
Community

In todays news...

Started by: djgizzouk
On: 19/03/2019 | 07:25
Replies: 6

by: djgizzouk
on: 19/03/2019 | 07:25

What are the topics in todays news that really make you happy or your blood boil... share links if you can so we can all see Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
by: kdyxsy
on: 19/03/2019 | 07:33
I'm good, thanks 🙂
Message 2 of 7
by: andishdi
on: 19/03/2019 | 07:46

Grime music is being 'stifled', MPs say

Urban acts find it harder to put on gigs because of "institutional racism", says an official report.

I looked up some grime lyrics (not being knowledgeable in it myself...)

"“BARE MAN KNOW I GOT THE LENG WHEN IM ERE, IM A LENG MAN, CREWS GET PENG WHEN IM ERE, BEST STOP CHATTING **** ABOUT SKENGS WHEN IM ERE, COS I’LL DUN 10 MEN WHEN IM ERE. BARE MAN KNOW I GOT THE MASH WHEN IM ERE, MASH MAN, CREWS GET HARRASSED WHEN IM ERE…. SHANK, SHANK, SHANK WHEN IM ERE!”

I had to look up what a "lengman" was... Apparently someone willing to shoot someone...

"Skeng"? Apparently someone who becomes violent and has possible mental health issues...

"Mash", "shank"... None of these are particularly nice things...

So is it discrimination or is not openly endorsing people who themselves endorse shooting, stabbing and general violence...?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
on: 19/03/2019 | 08:08 edited: 19/03/2019 | 09:55

@andishdishowbusiness is something im involved with and this is stupid ... you can rent venues for free sell tickets and pay the act out of the proffits ... if no one wants to pay to see them ... its not a viable opportunity
I cant see your holiday park or local working mens club hiring the act for bingo night purely because they wouldnt go down well
On top of all of this .. that genre is yesterday's news and never made it ...

Message 4 of 7
by: majorincident
on: 19/03/2019 | 09:00

_106079617_express

Mrs May's rotten deal and MPs being unable to act in the interests of the country is the destroyer. Smiley Mad  I hope Brexit never happens.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
on: 19/03/2019 | 09:05
@majorincident i can see how your agitated by this... my feeling is now .. call off brexit ... and call a general election for in 6 months time ... there will be mass protests but its time for the people to take back power from these people
Then if brexit is to be done it will be done by the next lot and done properly
Message 6 of 7
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 19/03/2019 | 09:40
Any article that has child cruelty in etc makes my blood boil
Message 7 of 7