Community

Is It Worth Me Buying A

Started by: mrbond007
On: 15/11/2018 | 16:34
Replies: 44

by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 15/11/2018 | 21:30
@baconbutty - oh yeah I know, my old one didn't operate that way, but new one does, thankfully the new one is 128gb storage (minus OS storage) - but when I ran it as in dual sim with a 3 simcard it did some odd things with my bluetooth handsfree, but that's a discussion for another time, I don't want to overrun the thread.
Message 31 of 45
by: mrbond007
on: 16/11/2018 | 08:15

This has been an eye opening thread, thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 32 of 45
by: majorincident
on: 16/11/2018 | 08:16

@misspage wrote:

What happens when both numbers ring?

I have had a dual sim phone for years and never have both my numbers rang at the same time leaving me with a dilemma of which to answer. Smiley Very Happy

Depending on where you travel, a local sim may not even be necessary if there is widely available wi-fi on which you can make calls and send messages. 

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 33 of 45
on: 05/12/2018 | 10:41

@tikiman

Which wiley fox phone is best or what is your experience with your one ?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 34 of 45
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 05/12/2018 | 10:54 edited: 05/12/2018 | 10:55

@mrbond007

@Only if u have 2 number

Like in my case i have the oneplus 5 its dual sim

Some dual sim phones u have disadvantage of not have 4G network capability on both sim slots so i would check that before buying.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 35 of 45
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 05/12/2018 | 11:05

@baconbutty wrote:

@guy_ow It's a dedicated sd card slot I look out for when I'm looks at storage specs, mine has dual sim and a separate sd card slot a lot of phones combine them so you lose the sd card slot if you want dual sim.

@baconbutty what phone do u have i would love a phone where u could have 2 sims and a seperate sd card slots every phone i checked is either dual sim only no sd card slot

Or a sim slot and second one being a hybrid slot either second sim or micro sd card slot

That doesnt suit when u have 2 sims and want sd card slot too for expandable storage.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 36 of 45
by: goonerx2
on: 05/12/2018 | 11:09
They are so much easier to use than they use to be, ideal for a private number plus maybe a business number.
Message 37 of 45
by: tikiman
on: 05/12/2018 | 13:38

@mrbond007 wrote:

@tikiman

Which wiley fox phone is best or what is your experience with your one ?

Hi @mrbond007

As per my previous post....

"My Swift 2 Plus has survived harsh building site conditions. It runs on Android Oreo (currently) with 3GB Ram 32GB onboard memory. It has a reasonable weight and feels solid like a high end phone unlike many other cheap phones. They come unlocked for any network."

My wife has the Swift 2X model which is slightly larger but the spec is comparable.

Both the Swift 2 Plus & X models would be what I would be looking to buy.

Pros

Pretty robust, latest Android OS with free updates available, minimal bloatware apps unlike larger manufacturers, unlocked for any network, cheaper to replace than expensive high end phones.

Cons:

You loose use of 1 SIM if you expand your memory as hence I use cloud space for storage.

Personally... I've had a great experience with WileyFox Plus 2 with lots of cases and screen protectors available on Amazon/eBay.

Hope this helps 👍

Message 38 of 45
by: amandaduddy
on: 05/12/2018 | 14:12

my dad got a duel phone and he just got it but he loves in with in the month and he sed it’s with the money you pay for it x

Message 39 of 45
Highlighted
on: 05/12/2018 | 14:54

Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock for ages now,just the swift 2 available but is it as good I don't really know about all the tech stuff but I guess it's not so good as the +or X based on price 

@tikiman

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 40 of 45