Is It Worth Me Buying A

Started by: mrbond007
On: 15/11/2018 | 16:34
Replies: 44

by: baconbutty
on: 05/12/2018 | 14:56

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@baconbutty wrote:

@guy_ow It's a dedicated sd card slot I look out for when I'm looks at storage specs, mine has dual sim and a separate sd card slot a lot of phones combine them so you lose the sd card slot if you want dual sim.

@baconbutty what phone do u have i would love a phone where u could have 2 sims and a seperate sd card slots every phone i checked is either dual sim only no sd card slot

Or a sim slot and second one being a hybrid slot either second sim or micro sd card slot

That doesnt suit when u have 2 sims and want sd card slot too for expandable storage.

Hi @shabazmoqsud Seen your pm I'll reply here, the Xiaomi redmi 6 as mentioned in this thread and other threads has a dedicated sd card slot ie you can have two sim crds and a sd card according to GSMARENA it has either 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM but the one on the three website has 2GB ram version 16GB storage so you'd need to check with three if their version has a dedicated sd card slot .

My phone I've had a few years is a Lenovo Vibe P1 with a dedicated sd card slot I think it's been discontinued now though so not easy to get hold of one and the newer model has hybrid slots Smiley Sad  .

It's not easy finding out whether a phone has an sd card slot looking at specs only so I usually end up reading reviews and watching youtube videos reviews .

banner.png
Message 41 of 45
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 05/12/2018 | 15:10

@baconbutty wrote:

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@baconbutty wrote:

@guy_ow It's a dedicated sd card slot I look out for when I'm looks at storage specs, mine has dual sim and a separate sd card slot a lot of phones combine them so you lose the sd card slot if you want dual sim.

@baconbutty what phone do u have i would love a phone where u could have 2 sims and a seperate sd card slots every phone i checked is either dual sim only no sd card slot

Or a sim slot and second one being a hybrid slot either second sim or micro sd card slot

That doesnt suit when u have 2 sims and want sd card slot too for expandable storage.

Hi @shabazmoqsud Seen your pm I'll reply here, the Xiaomi redmi 6 as mentioned in this thread and other threads has a dedicated sd card slot ie you can have two sim crds and a sd card according to GSMARENA it has either 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM but the one on the three website has 2GB ram version 16GB storage so you'd need to check with three if their version has a dedicated sd card slot .

My phone I've had a few years is a Lenovo Vibe P1 with a dedicated sd card slot I think it's been discontinued now though so not easy to get hold of one and the newer model has hybrid slots Smiley Sad  .

It's not easy finding out whether a phone has an sd card slot looking at specs only so I usually end up reading reviews and watching youtube videos reviews .

@baconbutty thanks for your reply i will check the phones out.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 42 of 45
by: tikiman
on: 05/12/2018 | 17:05

@mrbond007 wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock for ages now,just the swift 2 available but is it as good I don't really know about all the tech stuff but I guess it's not so good as the +or X based on price 

@tikiman

Hey @mrbond007,

Personally I wouldn't bother with the cheaper one.

I've had my phone for a while now so thought I'd do a quick bit of research. I didn't realise that WileyFox went into administration back in Feb 2018 and the licence was bought up by the Santok Group who make the STK phones. I don't know anyone who owns one but many of their phones appear to be dual sim and similar/better tech spec than the WileyFox and they carry more stock. Might be worth a bit of research. X2 range sounds interesting to me.

Message 43 of 45
Highlighted
by: mrbond007
on: 05/12/2018 | 19:34

Thanks @tikiman you have been very helpful and informative ๐Ÿ˜‰

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 44 of 45
by: tikiman
on: 05/12/2018 | 20:31

@mrbond007 wrote:

Thanks @tikiman you have been very helpful and informative ๐Ÿ˜‰

No worries @mrbond007,