Knowledge Base
Community

Just wondered...

Started by: buddyb
On: 31/01/2011 | 15:48
Replies: 6

by: buddyb
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:48

...why so many people post repeating the same information?  As a lurker and now a newbie, I have noticed that often when someone asks a question, a lot of the replies are almost identical.  Is there some benefit in having a higher number of posts?  I understand the 'kudos' system, but why do people just repeat what others have said?

Photobucket If I helped you, then a click on my star counter on the left hand side is always appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
by: darrenpainter
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:50
More often than not, the first few replies are posted within seconds of each other as seen from the time stamps.

Posts containing the exact same information, that appear many minutes/hours later are being posted by people who believe incorrectly that increasing your post count improves your payback.
Message 2 of 7
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:54

That makes sense - thank you.

Photobucket If I helped you, then a click on my star counter on the left hand side is always appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
by: khairul
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:21
More often than not, the first few replies are posted within seconds of each other as seen from the time stamps.

Posts containing the exact same information, that appear many minutes/hours later are being posted by people who believe incorrectly that increasing your post count improves your payback.

Smiley Wink
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
Message 4 of 7
by: darrenpainter
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:24
khairul, you naughty naughty giffgaffer !
Message 5 of 7
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:34

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 31/01/2011 | 18:04
Yes you often see 5 or 6 replies within 1 or 2 mins. Probably 7 or 8 times of 10. Threads i visit are already answered, and im here quite a lot. Sometimes theres an alternative way of achieving the solution or sometimes you can add a link or add a bit of information thats missed. The regulars never repeat an answer, although you do get the odd newbie that repeats an answer minuter or even hours later. I dont realy mind that. Not every1 can be here 24/7 and i think they deserve the odd pound or 2 payback even if theres some repeat answers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7