Knowledge Base
Community

Let's just STAY in the EU?

Started by: ytokyo
On: 28/11/2018 | 16:49
Replies: 494

by: majorincident
on: 20/01/2019 | 08:22

@k89bpa, yes we do.  It's all set out in the EU withdrawal agreement.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 491 of 495
by: ytokyo
on: 20/01/2019 | 08:59
@contro @k89bpa
If we will DEFINITELY be better off, then I'm happy to shift my vote to leave.

But the problem is that the general consensus is that we will go for a dip and suffer for many years.

Off course, the British attitude is: we are British, we will survive as we have done so in the past. And to be honest, I love that attitude - different to other countries. Apart from USA I don't think many others will have that attitude!

Only experts who I deem to be untrustworthy are backing the idea we'll be better off.

If more experts like the bank of England governer and other experts came out and said, hey, we'll be much better off! Then, I'd vote leave.

It breaks my heart to see clearly uneducated old men and women who are interviewed on TV say: we need to be in control. We need to JUST leave!
Message 492 of 495
by: contro
on: 20/01/2019 | 15:38

What we need is people to realise the only ones holding up the process of leaving are the ones who make a killing from it as it is.

Ask your self how well off you are now and how better off will you be if you leave.

I'd put money on it that it wont affect you one iota @ytokyo.

Time will tell.

Oh and remember this, if we come out and ten years on we want back in, guarantee it'll happen faster than this charade has.

If we stay we'd have never got to know.

Think positive my friend

Message 493 of 495
Highlighted
by: stevenbentley
on: 20/01/2019 | 15:52

Much better idea, let’s not 

Message 494 of 495
by: majorincident
on: 20/01/2019 | 17:16

@contro wrote:

Oh and remember this, if we come out and ten years on we want back in, guarantee it'll happen faster than this charade has.

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Turkey has been negotiating accession to the EU since 2005 - never going to happen - and in fact, talks were suspended in 2017 and Mrs Merkel wants to end negotiations completely.

@contro wrote:

Think positive my friend

As that light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be a train.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 495 of 495