Community

Let's just STAY in the EU?

Started by: ytokyo
On: 28/11/2018 | 16:49
Replies: 494

by: contro
on: 19/01/2019 | 18:46

@ytokyo wrote:

Only a fool or a super rich person would say: let's leave.

I don't want us to leave - and no matter what I personally do, I lose out: higher prices in the shops.

We're all feeling the pinch (well those at the ground level)

Think to be got this the wrong way around my friend.

Tgats why most want out.

The lining of pockets for a few is being cut soon

Message 481 of 495
by: majorincident
on: 19/01/2019 | 18:59

If you cut the linining, everything falls out. Smiley LOL

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 482 of 495
by: silemairin
on: 19/01/2019 | 19:44
@ contro Well looks as though the EU will get what they want May the remainer is working the system .I laid bets at the begining that we would not be leaving the way its going the same way as it has gone for every country that voted against the EU Greece Denmark Ireland to name but a few all had a large dosage of fear added to the menu , just what is happening here now . I hope I lose my bet but will be surprisesd if I do

Message 483 of 495
by: k89bpa
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:19

@silemairin wrote:

...all had a large dosage of fear added to the menu....

You know this might be a valid point if not for all the fear mongering from the "leave side" that's been going on for much longer than the referendum and all the threats of violence and unrest which they keep making should they, the 17/46m not get their own way and be prevented from forcing their will upon the 29/46m.

Project fear indeed.

To this day I still speak to people who say "the Turks are coming". :-D 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 484 of 495
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:53
@k89bpa Cannot disagree with you ,they are like children in the playground ,but I was refering to the other countries as an example of how it all works and how it looks as though this is what is going to happen here.
I am disgusted at the way the supposed honourables act ,those who do the most shouting are those who feel their pensions are threatened if we leave ,yes i agree its six of one half a dozen of the others , hope everyone is ready for the euro that evidently is due to happen in 2020 .
Message 485 of 495
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:08

@silemairin wrote:

@k89bpa Cannot disagree with you ,they are like children in the playground ,but I was refering to the other countries as an example of how it all works and how it looks as though this is what is going to happen here.

Again though @silemairin, it's both sides. Here it's both sides. There it was both sides.

There's so much "project fear" nonsense levelled exclusively at the "remain" side, but both sides have attempted to put the fear of god into the other, when what should have happened was people should have been told, "This is what you get. This is how much per person that it costs!", then they could have voted based on whether or not they thought what they get represents value for money. 

It's absurd what's happened and continues to happen and the fact that both sides are still spouting nonsense and that still nobody is talking aboht what's really important and about the egregious abuses the Executive are attempting to inflict on the public, (with the 17/46m supporting them and the 29/46m seemingly oblivious for the most part). 

We have huge problems domestically that very few seem to be even remotely aware of given that there is so little talk of them. 

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 486 of 495
by: majorincident
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:15

@k89bpa wrote:

people should have been told, "This is what you get. This is how much per person that it costs!",

Now that we know the terms of the deal, a 'people's vote' is precisely where we should be going.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 487 of 495
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:20

@majorincident wrote:

Now that we know the terms of the deal...

Do we?

I must have missed that news. I know we have reached a transitional agreement for how to move towards concluding a deal, (rejected overwhelmingly by Parliament), but an actual deal is a long, long way off as far as I'm aware. 

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 488 of 495
by: tradertall
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:21

Brexit, the triumph of fear and anger over hope and reason. The triumph of a bleak and outdated political ideology that has festered in the darkest corners of the Conservative Party for decades and has now escaped to rot the heart of Britain.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 489 of 495
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:34
@k89bpaAs I said I do not disagree with what you said 6 of one etc etc .
Message 490 of 495