Knowledge Base
Community

Maybe it is Racism/Xenophobia

Started by: k89bpa
On: 20/01/2019 | 22:11
Replies: 100

by: andishdi
on: 24/01/2019 | 07:11

Usual left-wing arguement... Completely irrational view that because their will was voted down that it must be because of some group that means ill within society... "Everyday people couldn't have made this decision, it must be rascists... Rascists are evil so the decision must be wrong...".

What's interesting is they can't show systemically that's the case and extrapolate a minority to form a majority attitude to make themselves feel morally superior. They can easily ignore what must be a virtually never-ending list of public and personal reasons to simply shutdown a debate by crying bigotry...What's much easier then having an opinion of your own is to just lie, make up facts and then criticise others.

Rascist behaviour is evil and nobody should ever support it but whilst people daub it across every arguement they don't fully understand the reasons for then it'll forever be misunderstood and trivialised.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 81 of 101
by: extreme_one
on: 24/01/2019 | 07:58

Just out of curiosity, is everyone with views that don't align with your views, "left-wing" @andishdi?

I mean even those that are clearly centrist in their politics, you'd brand them "left-wing" too?

Seems like most of the planet would be "left-wing" if that's the case.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 82 of 101
by: shubberdog
on: 24/01/2019 | 08:03

I'm not racist I hate all foreners 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 83 of 101
by: silemairin
on: 24/01/2019 | 08:20
@extreme-one That is hardly fair comment those who voted leave were labelled idiots, racists, ignorant,the majority of name callers were from the liberals and labour supporters ,it was even muted to delay the leaving by bliarte cooper cos us oldies will soon be dropping off this mortal coil , Well I tell you what as an oldie I am glad I have lived though my years even through the war and poverty they were a lot happier than todays society appear to be, the meme existance with mental health materialism must start off with big house best car and a heavy credit card,hows that for starters and lets face it Momentum are pulling the strings.at least we had goverment that governed and not ruled.
Message 84 of 101
by: nefarius
on: 24/01/2019 | 08:28

@andishdi wrote:

Usual left-wing arguement... Completely irrational view that because their will was voted down that it must be because of some group that means ill within society... "Everyday people couldn't have made this decision, it must be rascists... Rascists are evil so the decision must be wrong...".

What's interesting is they can't show systemically that's the case and extrapolate a minority to form a majority attitude to make themselves feel morally superior. They can easily ignore what must be a virtually never-ending list of public and personal reasons to simply shutdown a debate by crying bigotry...What's much easier then having an opinion of your own is to just lie, make up facts and then criticise others.

Rascist behaviour is evil and nobody should ever support it but whilst people daub it across every arguement they don't fully understand the reasons for then it'll forever be misunderstood and trivialised.

And here is the equal, and opposite, to the opening post. 😊

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 85 of 101
on: 24/01/2019 | 08:32

I'm happy @silemairin and guess what, I'm not alone. Generalisations kill an argument, dead. 😊

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 86 of 101
by: standardbearer
on: 24/01/2019 | 09:04

@majorincident wrote:

@standardbearer wrote:

Ok so I voted to leave so I must be a racist.
What a narrow minded opinion

Why are you attempting to put on a jacket that doesn't fit?  What I don't see from Leave voters is an acknowledgement that an element of the vote was purely based on immigration. 

Major

Ive just come back to this topic I had no notification of your question.

The answer to your question is you must go back to the first post which seems to indicate why we voted leave. Read it again.

So if I go by that im a racist because I voted to leave. Not true.

While on this subject lets not forget for those on the left, alot of labour voters voted to leave. If im to believe that those that voted leave are racists then so are some on the left.

Well there is anyway if your a member of the labour party and your a Jew.

Personally im not left or right and have no political agenda .

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 87 of 101
on: 24/01/2019 | 09:10

I wouldn't follow life based on message 1 @standardbearer Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 88 of 101
by: standardbearer
on: 24/01/2019 | 09:30

@nefarius wrote:

I wouldn't follow life based on message 1 @standardbearer Smiley Very Happy

Oh crikey @nefarius that was the whole point of joining the thread.

How could I ignore such a thing when I voted to leave.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 89 of 101
by: extreme_one
on: 24/01/2019 | 09:31

@silemairin wrote:

@extreme-one That is hardly fair comment those who voted leave were labelled idiots, racists, ignorant,the majority of name callers were from the liberals and labour supporters ,it was even muted to delay the leaving by bliarte cooper cos us oldies will soon be dropping off this mortal coil , Well I tell you what as an oldie I am glad I have lived though my years even through the war and poverty they were a lot happier than todays society appear to be, the meme existance with mental health materialism must start off with big house best car and a heavy credit card,hows that for starters and lets face it Momentum are pulling the strings.at least we had goverment that governed and not ruled.

Sorry @silemairin, I'm not sure which of my comments you're claiming is unfair.

There has been plenty of branding on both sides, Remoaners trying to "kill democracy" etc etc.

As far as I'm concerned anyone that still claims immigration has been bad for the country is either racist or extremely easily lead.

All the statistical and financial evidence concludes the opposite to be true and yet, still, we have a certain sector of society blaming immigrants for all of the UKs troubles.

Of course, since xenophobhia is so commonplace,  it's easy to stir up hatred against immigrants when that hides the real reasons for the problems the UK is facing. 

Smiley Indifferent
Message 90 of 101