Knowledge Base
Community

Ment to be Snowing soon

Started by: mandy_617
On: 19/11/2018 | 00:01
Replies: 22

by: muddycalhoun
on: 19/11/2018 | 09:09
Well apart from it not being out of the ordinary for the latter part of November and something that we as a nation should take in our stride. It doesn't work out like that,the whole country grinds to a halt, the roads resemble the aftermath of a demolition derby, no post, shops don't get deliveries and worst than those our elderly people who should be our first consideration are left to freeze for fear of affording to heat their homes and every day of snow or sub-zero weather there is a proportionate rise in mortality of our pensioners. This is also the case for anyone surviving on a benefit and double for those unfortunate to be without a home living on the streets or in a tent.
So apart from the obvious joy a belt of snowy weather brings for the kids and its scenic beauty with everything covered with clean gleaming snowfields in balance with our collective inability or unwillingness to accommodate this kind of weather and it's knock on effects I now have to fall in with the anti snow camp something I would never have thought possible.
Message 11 of 23
by: trudy81
on: 19/11/2018 | 09:20
I like looking at when I'm at home all toasty and I don't have to go anywhere.

However I absolutely hate driving in it.
Message 12 of 23
by: amandaduddy
on: 19/11/2018 | 09:26

The cold weather has arrive now but I hate snow it’s no good when you got to walk around because you don’t drive plus it’s not easy to walk with when your taking a dog out or a baby out in the pram it’s horrible to walk in x

Message 13 of 23
by: pamfletch
on: 19/11/2018 | 09:31

@muddycalhoun, hi, nicely put. I used to love snow until it was reduced to icy slush but being an older person I’m like a crab on crutches trying to stay upright in the slippery conditions so I’m happier staying indoors, unfortunately shopping doesn’t do itself. I could order on line of course but I prefer to check dates on products. Stay warm and safe.😉

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 14 of 23
by: richfc
on: 19/11/2018 | 11:23

i hope not as everything seems to come to a standstill in this country

Message 15 of 23
by: davidevans0000
on: 19/11/2018 | 11:25
the weather forecast 9/10 is wrong i will wait and see.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 23
by: niqq
on: 19/11/2018 | 11:26

I will get my log burning blazing so no issues!

Message 17 of 23
Highlighted
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 19/11/2018 | 12:19
Snow, eh? I'll only believe it when I actually see it coming...

The coldness, I really don't like though, and unfortunately, is already here... Hopefully we won't get extremely low temps like what we did when the "Beast from the East" came along earlier this year...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 23
by: 67red12
on: 19/11/2018 | 12:44
@mandy_617 although it looks lovely & picturesque as a country we are so ill prepared that everything comes to a standstill as soon as we get snow which I find frustrating, we are still expected to get to work & driving in it is scary especially with the government cut backs as some of the roads are now not being gritted...I also worry about slipping over as I had a total right hip replacement 6 years ago & despite being a young 50yr old woman I do get anxious about falling over...I know the kids love it but it causes a lot of school closures too so on the whole its very disruptive ...
Message 19 of 23
by: bluenose5
on: 19/11/2018 | 13:04
mandy_617 Always Find It Does Go Warmer When It Snow ,
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 23