Knowledge Base
Community

Modern Famous People

Started by: k89bpa
On: 19/01/2019 | 22:55
Replies: 5

by: k89bpa
on: 19/01/2019 | 22:55

Just watching this interview compilation on YouTube of some of David Bowie's  interviews, (prompted by the recent anniversary of his death). 

He really was one of a kind wasn't he?

So many famous people these days are so bland and so devoid of humour, intelligence and personality it really makes me miss genuinely interesting people such as Bowie and others from a similar ilk. 

It wasn't just their brilliant songwriring and performing but the whole package. I could listen to him talking for hours, just like I can his singing. 

Richard E Grant springs to mind as bein similar in terms of someone who has genuine and interesting personality who's interviews rarely disappoint because he always seems to have something interesting or fun to listen to. 

People these days, (hone and abroad), all seem to bland and boring most of the time, with very few notable exceptions.

What say you? Am I imagining it?

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 1 of 6
by: mahooli
on: 20/01/2019 | 08:14

Not everyone is bland but these days some famous people are simply famous for not very much reason. They haven't usually achieved anything or done anything of note. The rise of reality TV 'celebrities', most of whom are bland.

Message 2 of 6
by: majorincident
on: 20/01/2019 | 09:34

I am not really interested in the lives of the famous.  The ones that are not completely stupid, can stray in faux intellectualism, which can be embarrasing.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 3 of 6
by: eileenusher
on: 20/01/2019 | 10:58
Bowie yes was brilliant, Prince was also but where as Bowie gave back with interviews and humour at times, Prince was very much a recluse, however I don't really pay much attention to the famous in that sense, too me a true genius is some one who helps others by either tireless work with others or invents things to help others, or works out how the universe works etc, anyone can act or become a pop star these days just look at some of the not so good ones as of late, not everyone can do what matie curie, Florence nightingale, Einstein etc did tho, or even hawking's.
Message 4 of 6
by: slarti
on: 20/01/2019 | 12:23

@k89bpa Taking Bowie as an example, he gote more interesting as he got older. His interviews during his Aladin Sane days were far from interesting.

I think that some of the youngperformers of today, eg George Ezra, are showing that they stand a chance of maturing into somebody interesting.

Message 5 of 6
by: contro
on: 20/01/2019 | 16:37

@k89bpa

I agree.

Take me for instance

Message 6 of 6