Community

My beloved Mrs D is at peace.

Started by: dtuxcomp
On: 14/12/2018 | 12:15
Replies: 354

by: dtuxcomp
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:22

@tired16 wrote:

That's ridiculous! Those questions are so inappropriate! Smiley Sad Especially after you'd answered some already- it didn't make sense to ask the rest after that! 

I hope things get easier @dtuxcomp

@tired16  Thank you. It looks like we may be getting somewhere but I don't want to jinx it, which is why I haven't kept constantly updating the kids just to have to then call them again to say, ah, change of plan Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Sadly I've juggled so many of these form filling processes now I'm surprised when one actually makes sense and doesn't keep retrying the same questions from different angles. It would make the process so much simpler to have a system that reacted to answers and discarded upcoming questions that weren't relevant, but the overall systems are designed to be hard to work through so fewer people get through to the end. Call me cycnical Smiley Wink

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 321 of 355
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:35

@jesi23  Thank you, yes I've had trouble again with PM's. Could you give me a mention in the thread you've started about it, saves me going hunting Smiley Wink

My offer to everyone stands despite Mrs D dying, I am still here if anyone needs a chat or to offload please don't be put off by this thread, if you can't get a PM to me you can always find my email address on my website, or on FB. If you don't have either of those let me know and I'll try to post a readable version of my email address that won't trip the filter on GG.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 322 of 355
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:39

@jesi23  Oooops missed your second post Smiley Happy

I love the idea of them using the energy created by the crem, so much better than it just being wasted.

That sounds like a lovely design for the headstone, it's great if loved ones can do things like that isn't it.

Message 323 of 355
Highlighted
on: 13/01/2019 | 00:00

@vickyjakesmum wrote:

My God ! You really do need to drink some type of alcohol after an interview like that. I'm gobsmacked to be honest, what a load of ******ks. Flaming hell! 

@vickyjakesmum  I think I showed great restraint not to crack open a beer during the phone call Smiley Happy Smiley Happy The lady from the HA was stunned at some of the questions and several times offered to take over. It was obvious they were trying to root out anyone with even a vague connection to Mrs D who could be landed with the bill. I understand they have to test claims to weed out abuse but that could have been done in the first 5 mins. People wonder why I don't do anything over the phone if I can direct it to post or email, this is why, you can avoid all this cr@p and have a handy record of exactly what has been communicated.

I am so glad I have the guitar to fall into after all this stuff, I really don't know how I'd cope if I didn't have some kind of non-destructive outlet. Well that and my other mad projects to keep me out of mischief, don't worry there's plenty of them ongoing Smiley Wink Smiley Happy and tonight I've been doing a QI XL binge, I found a load of them on the PVR Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 324 of 355
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 13/01/2019 | 10:54

That's Jethro made me laugh 😂🤣😂 glad it's moving along slowly Dave, it's unbelievable what gets thrown at you, keep on strumming. @dtuxcomp

https://www.giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_02_550x80
Message 325 of 355
on: 16/01/2019 | 12:11
So just a quick update while I have 5 mins.

I had an email from the new FD's yesterday asking me to pop in at a convenient time just to quickly sign some paperwork so I went there in the afternoon and they were so nice and helpful. No up-selling or pressure, it was very relaxed and I left assured that we are moving forwards at last, so if nothing else goes wrong next week they should do the cremation and once the ashes have been released they will hold them for me at the local office which is about 15 mins walk from home, the first FD was using a crem in a different town and were charging £95 to courier the ashes back to me, night and day difference.

Thank you every one for your kind words and support.

D.
Message 326 of 355
by: ceecee2110
on: 16/01/2019 | 12:49
Thats good stuff @dtuxcomp
Fingers crossed it will all go as planned.
Glad it has finally been sorted out for you.
Take Care and thinking of you

C
Message 327 of 355
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 16/01/2019 | 12:58

Good news @dtuxcomp at last. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. 😊

https://www.giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_02_550x80
Message 328 of 355
by: andyslc
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:10

What a flipping insensitive heartless soul wrecking procedure @dtuxcomp. Just when you think you ve preserves some dignity and look like you might be getting up along the government and give you a swift quick in the nuts.

Well done on holding back on the sarcasm. The robots on the end of the phone have either lost all sense of humour or never had it start with. They are also seemingly immune to any attempt to indicate you are **bleep** off with the whole thing. Maybe I’m being thick but what flipping point were they trying to make with the questions about holidays? Surely you either have the cash or you don’t. Guilty of fiddling the system until proven otherwise and then you’re still under suspicion. They just assume they haven’t got you yet but you ll slip up one day. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 329 of 355
on: 16/01/2019 | 13:21
@andyslc I think it was all about sniffing out any relation or acquaintance who could be called upon to foot the bill Smiley Sad If there was that sort of money knocking about would I really have been going through all this **bleep** Smiley Sad

It does seem that the whole DWP approach is to say no at all stages and hope that drives enough people away from trying again, doesn't matter that the entire industry created by that probably costs far more than any minor savings made my driving people to their knees, nor the knock on to society in general, their little budget is all they care about protecting.

I still don't know what they will cover and what shortfall there will be, I've been assured it "should" cover everything, but for some reason ( can't think why Smiley Wink ) I'm not relying on that until I see it in black and white in triplicate just to be sure Smiley Wink Smiley Happy
Message 330 of 355