Knowledge Base
Community

My beloved Mrs D is at peace.

Started by: dtuxcomp
On: 14/12/2018 | 12:15
Replies: 455

by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:15

She had been very ill for a long time and died early hours of Monday morning. I haven't mentioned anything about this before on the forum as we had agreed it was to be kept private, although I suspect a few people had guessed there was something I wasn't talking about. I've had to think about how and even if I wanted to broach it here, but as the community has been my safe haven the last few years and helped me pretend everything's fine when my world's crumbing round me, I felt I needed to say it somehow and didn't really want to just drop it into an existing thread.

I don't want this to become a dour pity-fest of a thread as she was a true warrior who battled long and hard despite being in so much constant pain which thankfully she is now free from. In honesty I don't really know what I want this thread to be as my head is spinning with a million different things that need to be done instantly but only after something else has been completed so it's a big game of hurry up and wait, as I'm sure anyone else who has dealt with the arrangements after a loved one dies will know. I may just let the thread sink like a stone now I've digitally-speaking "voiced" it, or maybe I'll just offload the mental chaos here as I chase myself in circles, no idea at the moment.

I deliberately took a couple of days off the forum and all social media while I dealt with the initial arrangements and stress, so I've only slowly started easing back in. I've intentionally not mentioned this on sites like FB as I don't just want a slew of complete digital strangers competing to be seen as most compassionate and grief stricken at the loss of someone they don't know in the slightest, I would find that so disingenuous and frankly insulting to piggyback on the grief of others. It's a very different thing for people who know me and hence by connection Mrs D, even if only through the occasional refference, to express compassion obviously.

So anyway, I'll probably just post this and then run away for a bit hence why I've not "@" mentioned anyone, this is a new world to me as I'm always the "I'm fine" person, being this open is alien to me and quite scary, so before I chicken out I'll hit post and scarper Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 1 of 456
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:24
Really sorry to read your sad news
Message 2 of 456
by: nefarius
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:27

Unbelievable. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 456
by: pault1974
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:29

Sorry for your loss. 

Message 4 of 456
by: dolly247
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:35
Oh Dave.. 😖 My dear good Friend, I am so sorry. Truly at a loss for words. We all know Mrs D was, and always will be, the centre of your Universe.
Please take care, my Friend.

Love dolly x
Don't worry about the things you can't change, only the things you can.
Message 5 of 456
by: themzbiker
on: 14/12/2018 | 12:58
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news I've not known you as long as some on here but in the short time I've known you it feels like you've become a good friend to me

take care
Message 6 of 456
by: weejuls
on: 14/12/2018 | 13:43

My thoughts are with you at this sad time x

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 456
by: kate1028
on: 14/12/2018 | 13:43

Oh dear @dtuxcomp - Like others, I'm  very sorry to hear your sad news.   I know what a caring person you are, and you've helped me in the past - this is so sad.  My sincere sympathy to you.

Message 7 of 456
by: frenchielove
on: 14/12/2018 | 14:00

So very sorry dear friend x

Message 9 of 456
by: andyslc
on: 14/12/2018 | 14:12

Devastating @dtuxcomp. I’m lost for words. I can only temper the loss you must be feeling by the fact that im sure you also realise that someone you love is no longer in pain. I had a similar situation with my father with his battle with cancer. It’s a confusing mix of sadness and relief (for them). Your giffgaff friends are here if and when you need them. Take care fella.

Andy

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 10 of 456