Knowledge Base
Community

My latest daft project.

Started by: dtuxcomp
On: 10/05/2016 | 15:26
Replies: 5418

by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/08/2019 | 21:42

I was going to solder up a load of the LED's I used on the desk in the man cave but then I saw cheap LED tape that was USB powered Smiley Happy

Just ran a nice straight line and hoped I could stick at least a bit of the tape in the right place Smiley Happy

IMG_20190727_195227-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_195240-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_195319-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_195621-5120.jpg

It's a pity they only have a short cable but I've got extenders among my bits and bobs Smiley Happy

IMG_20190727_195632-5120.jpg

Made up some more cable clips from clear plastic to hold the wire so it didn't pull the tape off.

IMG_20190727_202553-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_203211-5120.jpg

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 5411 of 5,419
Highlighted
on: 14/08/2019 | 21:53

@caro120wrote:

@dtuxcompwrote:

I'm running the deck for a while each time just in case it needs running in, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the belt being old.

I had great plans to get a lot done today but don't seem to have got very far Smiley Happy

Easy to look at belt, just slip the turntable off and it should be firmly on, not slack - could be slipping a bit.  Not sure where we went wrong, measured it up and ordered one, they not expensive but it was miles out... think he found one off summat else but that didn't fix it, was motor packing up but probably 80's cos was second hand so done its time. 

?No shops fixing them these days tho maybe someone who's done electronics or summat at college - they may have notice board you could pop an advert on?

Well I've done 4 loads of washing now so well on top of things, have run out of space for now.. just one load of bedding to go but it can wait. Did dinner, bushed nowSmiley Happy  but slightly less guilt/ pressure.

@caro120I can see the belt through inspection holes in the turntable under the slip mat, hard to tell if it's slipping and the turn table doesn't seem to just lift off but we'll see when my brother can have a look there may just be a trick to it. The shop I got the stylus from does repairs but the labour charges start at over £40 per hour Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

Nice job on the washing, I'm still catching up on a single load  I did a couple of days ago, can only dry it on the radiators and it's too hot to run the central heating, so I'm having to prod it for a few mins here and there just to get the rads warm Smiley Happy Flippin' weather Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 5412 of 5,419
on: 14/08/2019 | 22:06

I downlighted both shelves, and put a 3rd string on the top of the upper shelf so it uplit the top of the alcove.

IMG_20190727_200950-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_205256-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_205701-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_205706-5120.jpgIMG_20190727_211906-5120.jpgIMG_20190729_210757-5120.jpg

and with the covers on the trunking it's looking fairly tidy Smiley Happy

IMG_20190728_004157-5120.jpg

on the side I could get all the wires tucked in at least Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

IMG_20190727_211918-5120.jpg

Message 5413 of 5,419
on: 14/08/2019 | 22:10
That's the snag with using USB cables to power it all, they are too big to get them all tucked away in the trunking Smiley Happy

That USB hub is powering all 3 lights and the switch on it can be used to turn them off during the daytime Smiley Happy It's a bit messy but I can tidy the lot up now I know it works Smiley Happy
Message 5414 of 5,419
by: caro120
on: 14/08/2019 | 22:28 edited: 14/08/2019 | 22:39

@dtuxcompwrote:

@caro120wrote:

@dtuxcompwrote:

I'm running the deck for a while each time just in case it needs running in, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the belt being old.

I had great plans to get a lot done today but don't seem to have got very far Smiley Happy

Easy to look at belt, just slip the turntable off and it should be firmly on, not slack - could be slipping a bit.  Not sure where we went wrong, measured it up and ordered one, they not expensive but it was miles out... think he found one off summat else but that didn't fix it, was motor packing up but probably 80's cos was second hand so done its time. 

?No shops fixing them these days tho maybe someone who's done electronics or summat at college - they may have notice board you could pop an advert on?

Well I've done 4 loads of washing now so well on top of things, have run out of space for now.. just one load of bedding to go but it can wait. Did dinner, bushed nowSmiley Happy  but slightly less guilt/ pressure.

can see the belt through inspection holes in the turntable under the slip mat, hard to tell if it's slipping and the turn table doesn't seem to just lift off but we'll see when my brother can have a look there may just be a trick to it. The shop I got the stylus from does repairs but the labour charges start at over £40 per hour Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

Nice job on the washing, I'm still catching up on a single load  I did a couple of days ago, can only dry it on the radiators and it's too hot to run the central heating, so I'm having to prod it for a few mins here and there just to get the rads warm Smiley Happy Flippin' weather Smiley Happy

turntables seem to be a sticky fit but should come off - so long as no circlip.

You must be able to get it off to replace a belt or inspect the innards on show.

What a rip off £40 per hour, they don't want the work do they - so much for reducing plastic pollution on the planet, shame on them!  Can you review them anonymously?

Did you see they found plastic particles even at the poles in snow and creatures?  Tiny fragments plastic and rubber blowing over from other areas..

They say maybe no effect on health but doesn't plastic break down to form some sort of oestrogen thingy?  Which could affect all sorts of things in both sexes.. unless I'm getting mixed up with pcb's.. it can't be good tho can it!

Best to have clothes racks as the air will circulate - I find stuff dries over a couple of days, no good hanging on radiators unless they on and then can add to damp if not got windows open..

We just got a couple for my stuff or he hangs his in loft, gets really warm up there with veluxes.

Used to have wooden zigzag rack that sat in base and element on very low setting like a slow cooker, you loaded up with washing then pegged a sheet round it, very effective and think they still available.. maybe argos?

Packed up in end, was probably from the 70's!

Have seen them since the other year.. can't see with quick search argos and amazon don't seem to have, will keep eye open though.. nearest they got is massively expensive but you can get a 4 tier towel plug in towel rail for £40 I think would probably do it, could hang things on it with hangers and maximise effect?  Save a bit of ironing tooSmiley Happy

Message 5415 of 5,419
on: 14/08/2019 | 23:17
@caro120 Sadly plastic is now in the environment, it's important steps are taken to not make it worse but it's done now, it's terrible what has been done with the world Smiley Sad

When the rads are hot I can turn over a load of washing pretty quick, if I've got tons of it I do have a concertina airer that I set up over a skirting heater, that works well to gently dry things and I also have a spot where I can hang some more washing to air, but usually I don't have much, if I do two loads a week that's about it.

Message 5416 of 5,419
by: themzbiker
on: 15/08/2019 | 05:55
@dtuxcomp

Looks great your computer station with lights on really nice i like it you've done a great job 👍
Message 5417 of 5,419
on: 15/08/2019 | 10:27

@themzbikerwrote:

@dtuxcomp

Looks great your computer station with lights on really nice i like it you've done a great job 👍

@themzbikerThank you, it's still a work in progress so there's tons more pics to come Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 5418 of 5,419
by: alienlady
on: 16/08/2019 | 11:36

@dtuxcomp  the lighting looks really great , well done 😀

Message 5419 of 5,419