Community

My latest daft project.

Started by: dtuxcomp
On: 10/05/2016 | 15:26
Replies: 3692

by: themzbiker
on: 19/01/2019 | 20:47

@dtuxcomp 

Slides off your lap are we still talking about your guitar here Smiley Wink Smiley Wink I've got to say your guitars do look beautiful really nice done a good job with that polish 

Message 3491 of 3,693
by: dtuxcomp
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:13

@themzbiker wrote:

@dtuxcomp 

Slides off your lap are we still talking about your guitar here Smiley Wink Smiley Wink I've got to say your guitars do look beautiful really nice done a good job with that polish 

@themzbiker  Yep just the guitar Smiley Wink I was expecting it, roundbacks are reknowned for it, but no match for the masking tape Smiley Wink I did think about using duct tape but didn't want to leave a load of adhesive on it.

Thank you, I do like to give the ones with open wood a nice coat of polish every so often, the ones that are done in a hi-gloss laquer don't need polishing so they get a quick buff instead Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 3492 of 3,693
by: frenchielove
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:18

Well done @dtuxcomp job done! 🤗

Message 3493 of 3,693
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:25

@frenchielove wrote:

Well done @dtuxcomp job done! 🤗

@frenchielove  Thank you hon. Now just got to patiently play them in for a couple of days before I start giving them hell again Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 3494 of 3,693
by: alienlady
on: 20/01/2019 | 12:10

Brilliant job @dtuxcomp the guitar looks marvellous! 

Message 3495 of 3,693
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:07

@alienlady wrote:

Brilliant job @dtuxcomp the guitar looks marvellous! 

@alienlady  Thank you, it's nice to give them a pamper every so often, not so easy to have to ease up on the playing for a couple of days to let the strings settle though, I managed yesterday but couldn't resist having a proper play this evening Smiley Wink Smiley Happy I did use a lighter plectrum though Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 3496 of 3,693
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:28

I bet you enjoyed that @dtuxcomp the wood part looks gleaming.

I tried learning guitar at school ,, useless ! I managed cockles and mussels and Lindisfarne's meet me on the corner Smiley LOL

I always wanted to play the piano.

Message 3497 of 3,693
on: 21/01/2019 | 13:23
@alienlady, thanks hon Smiley Happy I'm definitely starting to feel like a guitarist again, I lost a plec 5 days ago sat down playing and still haven't found it Smiley Wink Smiley Happy and for once I know it's not in the guitar as the roundback doesn't have a traditional large round soundhole, you can see the small different sized holes in the photos Smiley Wink Smiley Happy No idea where it went, I've even looked under the sofa that I was sitting on Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Good job I've got spares Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Learning the guitar isn't an easy process, I've always told people who are learning not to expect anything much for about the first 6 months, same with most any stringed instruments, that's why when I was doing tuition I'd never book regular weekly spots, I'd always just say, "let that sink in and call when you're ready for another lesson", not the greatest business plan, but I've never managed that side of things Smiley Wink Smiley Happy
Message 3498 of 3,693
on: 21/01/2019 | 13:55

@dtuxcomp I didn't have the patience at 14 and besides it wrecked my inch long nails Smiley LOL 

I think you're idea of lessons is a most excellent one.

Good luck finding that plec !

Message 3499 of 3,693
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:52

@alienlady wrote:

@dtuxcomp I didn't have the patience at 14 and besides it wrecked my inch long nails Smiley LOL 

I think you're idea of lessons is a most excellent one.

Good luck finding that plec !

@alienlady  You can still keep the nails on one hand, I do Smiley Wink Smiley Happy saying that I've almost worn away the index fingernail, going to need some superglue methinks Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Message 3500 of 3,693