Get Help
Community

New Shop

Started by: alicantesteve
On: 22/09/2017 | 11:21
Replies: 11

by: alicantesteve
on: 22/09/2017 | 11:21

Two businessmen in the centre of Croydon were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new shop...

As yet, the shop wasn't ready,with only a few shelves set up.

One said to the other,"I bet any minute now some pensioneris going to walk by,put their face to the window,and ask what we're selling."

No sooner were the words out of his mouthwhen, sure enough,a curious old woman walked to the window, had a peek,and in a soft voice asked,"What are you selling here?"

One of the men replied sarcastically,"We're selling a$$_holes."

Without skipping a beat, the old dear said,“Must be doing well...Only two left."

Message 1 of 12
by: claw
on: 22/09/2017 | 12:09

Funny stuff xD 

If that was real though that'd certainly be a place to avoid! 

Message 2 of 12
on: 22/09/2017 | 12:38 edited: 22/09/2017 | 17:25

It's very much like a shop in a town close by which we call Mrs Miggins cheese shop.

How it keeps going is beyond me,the owner and his assistant are extremely rude,unhelpful but thier stock even though excellent quality is so overpriced.

The last time I went in was a year ago for a refill of raspberry balsamic.

I handed over the 200ml glass bottle that he had sold me with my last purchase some months before for the very reason of refilling to be met with the murmur of "another tight sod"

Say again says I to be told that it wasn't very hygienic to reuse his reusable bottles.

Grabbed my bottle back and told him to ram his vinegar,I would wait until I was back in Spain.

A friend of the wife's bakes xmas cakes at home and sells them on,damm fine they are.

She thought that the shop and her could do each other a favour and she wanted to help a local business so went in spoke to the owner and they came to an agreement that if customers liked the cakes he would take 40 and sell them.

They agreed a price and she left a large uniced one to be left on the counter for customers to try and put an order in If needs be.

After a couple of weeks she went back in as no way riders had been received from the owner,cake has all gone so she asked how it had gone down with the customers to be told,,no idea I took it home and the family really enjoyed it thanks.

Same stunt pulled with a local micro brewery.

Message 3 of 12
by: team_leader
on: 22/09/2017 | 13:26
Good on the old woman 😂
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 12
by: frenchielove
on: 22/09/2017 | 14:25

Really love that @alicantesteve serves them right, they got their answer 😋

Message 6 of 12
by: goofygirl
on: 22/09/2017 | 14:34
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Message 7 of 12
by: pamfletch
on: 22/09/2017 | 19:20

@alicantesteve That shop should be ostracised and no customers bother with them 😳

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 8 of 12
by: koshka
on: 22/09/2017 | 19:28

You should maybe have a word with Mrs Miggins about them.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
on: 22/09/2017 | 22:11

@pamfletch Like I said I'm amazed they are still trading as so many have stopped going there,must have an online service.

Message 10 of 12