Knowledge Base
Community

Nexgen Ltd - MyContent. SCAM. It's about time the phone companies started to take responsibility!

Started by: madeinholt
On: 15/01/2019 | 23:55
Replies: 0

Highlighted
by: madeinholt
on: 15/01/2019 | 23:55

Got the message from 34060012.

1. Scoured through the 100's or possibly 1000's of post on O2, EE, Vodaphone etc forums regarding this NexGen scam.

2. Decided to follow the advice on the thread here.

3. Checked account for premium payments before sending the STOP text to 64055... and there were none.

4. Checked after sending the STOP text... and £4.50 had appeared.

Someone seems to be exploiting the fact that the phone companies will do **** all about it. "It's the users' responsibility, not ours". 

The 02037403517 telephone number for Nexgen Ltd is automated and just tries to obtain further personal data.

There is absolutely no option using this number to just be able to request a refund. No matter what time of the day you call.

I haven't yet had time to check with my phone company to see how much I am out of pocket for the calls to that number.

Therefore the only way to get a refund is by going through a long drawn out process through whatever it is called and still not having any guarantee of getting your money back.

This is quite clearly a scam, therefore the mobile service providers SHOULD be doing something about it.

Message 1 of 1