Knowledge Base
Community

Noone does it quite like London (New Year fireworks)

Started by: techiebloke
On: 01/01/2019 | 15:31
Replies: 16

by: tooltrader
on: 01/01/2019 | 18:05
Your hatred of the English tradertall actually makes me chuckle these days.
Message 11 of 17
by: nefarius
on: 01/01/2019 | 18:12

Cheers for that @techiebloke

London is a melting pot. Some don't like that! 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 17
by: techiebloke
on: 01/01/2019 | 18:26

@tradertall wrote:

London is great. The problem is it's in the UK.

@tradertall

Nothing wrong with England or the UK apart from Brexit.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 13 of 17
by: sarahaxon
on: 01/01/2019 | 19:28
Yes I agree. They were amazing!
Message 14 of 17
by: huntress77
on: 01/01/2019 | 19:46
It was a great display but so muh money just going up in smoke, yet they can't find the money to give the nurses etc a pay rise. I think its good we celebrate the New year but I do think we have our priorities all wrong!
Message 15 of 17
by: inandout2
on: 01/01/2019 | 20:05

Good while it lasted, as it was shorter in length than any other year. Must be the budget cuts again.

Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
by: techiebloke
on: 01/01/2019 | 20:11

@huntress77 wrote:

It was a great display but so muh money just going up in smoke, yet they can't find the money to give the nurses etc a pay rise. I think its good we celebrate the New year but I do think we have our priorities all wrong!

@huntress77

The NHS is unfortunately a bit of a bottomless pit in monetary terms and will be until people are encouraged to curb habits that cause issues, for example obesity.

A lot of people seem to abuse it too which makes me mad, as in not turning up for appointments and sometimes scans.

Have had to be treated myself for a DVT and went for an MRI for a long standing issue with my ear, I was booked in for about 7.40 a.m. but got there early and they were able to get me into the machine straight away because the person that was due to have one before me just hadn't shown up apparently.

I really do think there should be deposits taken for appointments to avoid that kind of stuff, you get it back if you show up but if you don't you lose it.

Anyway, we digress, I think the staff are underpaid and overstretched.

The fireworks will have cost millions rather than billions but it is a bit of a shop front to the world which is particularly important this year I think.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 17 of 17