Community

Nuns gambled away school fees

Started by: majorincident
On: 11/12/2018 | 18:03
Replies: 14

by: majorincident
on: 11/12/2018 | 20:12

Smiley Embarassed Link fixed now.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 11 of 15
by: techiebloke
on: 11/12/2018 | 20:24 edited: 11/12/2018 | 20:29

Doesn't really suprise me to be honest.

While I have my faith in God and Jesus Christ our Lord (no I won't go into religion here and don't generally), having both attended a Catholic secondary school from 12 to 19 (as I went onto Sixth Form) and then worked there for a year I can say I have absolutely zero faith in the Church as an organisation.

It does seem to be somewhat self serving.

Though considering some of the really horrific acts perpetrated by Priests that have come to light in recent years this probably ranks on the scale as a relatively minor misdemeanour though it is still theft and doesn't make it right of course.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
by: themzbiker
on: 11/12/2018 | 20:37
Them naughty nuns often wondered what they got up too under that black cloth
Message 13 of 15
by: masterluke
on: 11/12/2018 | 20:50

"The nuns were allegedly able to conceal their actions by depositing a number of cheques made out to the school for tuition and other fees into a separate bank account not used by the school."

So the money was just resting in their account? This has got Father Ted written all over it. Man Very Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 15
by: techiebloke
on: 11/12/2018 | 20:56

@masterluke wrote:

"The nuns were allegedly able to conceal their actions by depositing a number of cheques made out to the school for tuition and other fees into a separate bank account not used by the school."

So the money was just resting in their account? This has got Father Ted written all over it. Man Very Happy

@masterluke

Someone call Bishop Brennan!

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 15 of 15