Replies: 53

by: sharo03282
on: 09/12/2018 | 13:13
👏👍@bearcool1
Message 21 of 54
by: kenralph
on: 09/12/2018 | 13:14

@bearcool1

When you stoop to spelling and grammatical errors as your first complaint, make sure your own post is perfect.

Message 22 of 54
by: andath
on: 09/12/2018 | 13:14

@sarahaxon wrote:

@pamfletch wrote:

@goodlife2 I quite agree with you, it’s time they stopped shilly shallying and came out. The quicker they do it the better IMHO😳

What do you think would happen as a result? 

Stop asking difficult questions @sarahaxon. Be more positive. Who needs customs infrastructure or administration services to facilitate change? Who needs a political process to support a hard border? We'll all pull together and everything will turn out for the best.

Message 23 of 54
by: mmid
on: 09/12/2018 | 13:40

Regardless to what happens, we will get on with it and make the most out of it

Message 24 of 54
by: catweazle1961
on: 09/12/2018 | 14:43

I agree 

out means out 

Unless I'm mistaken. 

No, I'm not 

Out DOES mean out. 

Simple. 

What sayest thou?
Message 25 of 54
by: dartgirl
on: 09/12/2018 | 14:55
100% agree OUT. Move on the U.K. has given way to much AWAY. the EU Needs us.(soft Johnnie Britain) well said deadshot1 yep 2 fingers.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 26 of 54
by: catweazle1961
on: 09/12/2018 | 15:14 edited: 09/12/2018 | 15:16

... And if we ARE to have another referendum, the question on the ballot paper should be..

May's deal 

No deal 

And that's it. 

There should NOT be a 3rd question saying remain, because we have already had that vote. It was in 2016. And we voted to leave. 

May's deal or No deal.. But we LEAVE. 

What sayest thou?
Message 27 of 54
by: kenralph
on: 09/12/2018 | 16:04

@catweazle1961 wrote:

... And if we ARE to have another referendum, the question on the ballot paper should be..

May's deal 

No deal 

And that's it. 

There should NOT be a 3rd question saying remain, because we have already had that vote. It was in 2016. And we voted to leave. 

Well we had 'that' vote in 1975 and we voted to stay in. 

Message 28 of 54
by: standardbearer
on: 09/12/2018 | 17:09

@bearcool1 wrote:

Wow there's a load of of daft messages on here. First, 'gods help' has an apostrophe - using punctuation expected of a seven-year-old might make you appear like you've got something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. Second, since the referendum was binary, it's impossible to know what the 52% who voted leave meant. Did they mean a 'soft brexit' or a 'hard brexit' - aside from May saying "her feeling is that voters..." blah de blah. Having seen what an utter balls-up it's going to be, perhaps a whole bunch of people have decided they'd prefer to stay in.
But here's my main objection to many of these messages. When we voted to leave the millions and millions of people who voted to stay - many faced with the possibility of having to move countries - didn't start threatening to riot. They didn't suggest that if they didn't get their way there would be violence. And yet, all we heard from Boris "I'm a" Johnson is that we're a bunch of whingers. Now, it looks like perhaps the possibility of a change-of-mind might be a good idea we get a bunch of thugs saying they'll be out on the streets. Well, you know what, get over it. Grow up and start treating the future of this country like it's an adult discussion not a playground squabble. Oh, and anyone who thing paraphrasing Trump or listening to the likes of Farage is a good thing needs to take a look at the history books in the Facism and Nazis sections. But that's just my opinion of course.

I take objection to your post stereotyping anyone who voted leave.  I don't need to listen to Johnson . I knew what I was voting for, I made my mind up before I ever heard the lies from both sides. Im not a thug just because I voted leave.

I listen to the likes of Farage just to hear what he says, bearing in mind one man brought about a referendum in reality. 

Dont blame Farage blame the coward cameron who called the shots and then did a runner and left us all in it.

I know all about history and nazis, dont know about your family but my family fought in ww2. I said before one of my uncles was one of the first in to belsen with the British and my Grandparents were bombed out twice. So dont lecture me on history and the nazis, and what looks like because anyone votes leave there something to do with the nazis.

There are good and bad voters on all sides and dont kid yourself all remain voters are Little Angels either.

There are some aggressive replies  on the forum.

Yours for one.

Some are not debate but personal abuse.

As for using below the belt tactics about an apostrophe and a7 year old , perhaps you had a good education , not everybody has.

Theres more important things in life than an

apostrophe. 

Cheers

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 29 of 54
Highlighted
by: acetech
on: 09/12/2018 | 17:42

@kenralph wrote:

@catweazle1961 wrote:

May's deal 

No deal 

And that's it. 

Well we had 'that' vote in 1975 and we voted to stay in. 

And we did for 41 years after the result was actioned (by remaining), then stuff changed, a lot. So let's have another review on that one in 2060....

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 54