Knowledge Base
Community

One week free credit at end of subscription?

Started by: anthonylubin
On: 07/12/2018 | 16:22
Replies: 32

by: anthonylubin
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:22

If you don't get a Free weeks worth of internet off of Giffgaff at the end of your subscription for the mess up they have done yesterday all day get your PAC number and leave

Message 1 of 33
by: weetinamc
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:40

@anthonylubin wrote:

If you don't get a Free weeks worth of internet off of Giffgaff at the end of your subscription for the mess up they have done yesterday all day get your PAC number and leave

why?

my calls were going through so never noticed the data outage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 33
by: k89bpa
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:41
One weeks free service for one days inconvenience, (which is actually the users fault for not having a backup available), is a little too much don't you think?

This outage won't stop me using giffgaff as my backup provider. It was one day. The first for many years. giffgaff still have an awful lot going for them.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 3 of 33
Highlighted
by: davidevans0000
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:46
in a couple of days, this will all be forgotten then business as normal.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 33
by: michaeldunha
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:55 edited: 07/12/2018 | 17:23

@anthonylubin actually not a bad idea, I'm not after any financial gain but it would be a nice gesture of goodwill on their part.
It did seriously inconvenience some people and don't see why we should be expected to have a back up, I mean where do you draw the line?

Message 6 of 33
by: bladerunner929
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:21

@anthonylubin any compensation given would be a goodwill gesture if you check the terms and conditions. My take on it is that they don't have to compensate due to the nature of the outage. And even less so for those stating how it impacted their business. Giffgaff do not provide a service for businesses. 

These things happen, this sort of technology is not exempt from flaws during its lifetime, this won't be the last and I'm sure other networks will have their share of issues in the future too. It was not a Giffgaff fault but unfortunately they use o2 as their network provider.

As for jumping ship over this, I personally won't be. These things happen, be grateful they don't happen more often. I only lost data service, I thought I'd lost text service also as the phone alerted each text I sent as failed, but after the first failed notice I then requested a delivery report and each text showed as delivered within seconds of sending, this was also backed up by replies from the recipients 

Message 7 of 33
by: k89bpa
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:30 edited: 07/12/2018 | 17:41

@michaeldunha wrote:

It did seriously inconvenience some people and don't see why we should be expected to have a back up, I mean where do draw the line?

It's a question of personal responsibility, (and professional in the case of those breaching the terms and conditions to use the service for business use).

If you heavily depend on telecommunications then it is your responsibility and only yours, to make sure that you're covered in every eventuality.

More than that, it's just basic common sense.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 8 of 33
by: baconbutty
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:48

I won't be asking for my pac number of Giffgaff because O2 had network problems for one day and I doubt anyone else will.

banner.png
Message 9 of 33