Knowledge Base
Community

Outage - some members put an R in it

Started by: timwilliams25
On: 08/12/2018 | 19:05
Replies: 25

by: timwilliams25
on: 08/12/2018 | 19:05

There was an outage on the network, not giffgaff's fault.

giffgaff have apologised and will be emailing out offering people the opportunity to request compensation (I think it would be nice to only claim if absolutley required and not be greedy and jump on the wagon).  Maybe it should all be added to charity..

Still people are placing the R inbetween the t and a of outage and coming up with outRage.

Are we really that dependant on mobile phones?  A day from technology will do most good.  I do agree some need it for emergencies etc, but for most of us, it is our comforter and addiction.

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 1 of 26
by: quackers1
on: 08/12/2018 | 19:19
@timwilliams25 the forum seems to be full of demands for compensation. Its not fair that people should be blaming GiffGaff but the demands keep coming. I don't use my phone much and as i have home broadband, i don't need a phone to access GiffGaff or the internet. It seems that every man, woman and their dog is trying to get compensation. I wont be asking, because i do not take advantage of anyone.
Message 2 of 26
Highlighted
by: spiritquest
on: 08/12/2018 | 19:37
@quackers1
I agree with you on this one. People have forgotten that sometimes stuff happens and compensation is not required. My home broadband has been down from time to time, we lost the entire telegraph pole in May due to fire. Had no broadband or phone for near to two weeks. Yes it is inconvenient but BT did not drive by and set the rail line on Fire. My point is sometimes stuff we do not like is going to happen. People always threatening to sue someone or demand compensation will get their rewards here on earth. I prefer to wait for Heaven. Have a great night!
Message 3 of 26
by: standardbearer
on: 08/12/2018 | 19:48
This post is gonna cost you
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 4 of 26
by: quackers1
on: 08/12/2018 | 20:00
@spiritquest yeah stuff that happens that no one has control over. Even with modern technology, things are bound to break down. I have in the past done without a phone and broadband, very frustrating but unavoidable. Sorry to hear about the problems u had in May. That must of driven you crazy to be offline for 2 weeks. I bet the time dragged for you.

Message 5 of 26
by: jeank
on: 08/12/2018 | 20:42 edited: 08/12/2018 | 22:07

Yes I was sick to death of reading about all those wanting to claim compensation .... unbelievable really .... Jesus get a life .... it was not the end of the world ...as most of the young ones say nowadays **** happens 😀

Message 6 of 26
by: majorincident
on: 08/12/2018 | 20:51

Come on people, time to dry your eyes.  It was one day and it's over.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 7 of 26
by: themzbiker
on: 08/12/2018 | 20:57
Why do some members want compensation it was only one day surely they can do without the likes of dreadful facebook for one day
It's just greed at the end of the day
some people really need to get a life & stop this moaning & complaining
Message 8 of 26
by: techiebloke
on: 08/12/2018 | 21:07

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 10 of 26