Knowledge Base
Community

Over 40s Tax

Started by: tooltrader
On: 07/12/2018 | 13:38
Replies: 36

by: bluenose5
on: 07/12/2018 | 19:39
Maybe MPs Could Subsidise This Out Of There Big Pensions.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 31 of 37
by: janny27
on: 07/12/2018 | 19:49

I think the over 40's have paid and paid and paid. Charge the health tourists  along with time wasters wanting a paracetamol, drug addicts and all those with self inflicted damage caused by alcohol abuse!

Message 32 of 37
by: nefarius
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:01 edited: 07/12/2018 | 20:05

When I went to New York my very wealthy friend picked me up in a chauffeur driven stretched limo. When he visited me in London he got a black cab from Heathrow. What a Geezer!! And he had a party with a bath full of ice and champagne. And he pays loads of tax. Oodles of it!

Anyway, who voted for The Tories? Hope you're satisfied! 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 33 of 37
by: giffin
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:12
er yes, quite
Message 34 of 37
by: tokyobuta
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:27

@tooltrader wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44621047

Youve gotta be kidding,higher tax bracket and this,thanks a bunch.

Yes, @tooltrader, you're exactly right.  Penalising people who have saved for their retirement is a really clever idea: it will just encourage people to spend everything and then rely on free social care.  But, on the other hand ...   

... one of the downsides of living in two countries (as I do) is that you pay two lots of social insurance contributions - and I've been paying into the Japanese "Kaigo Hoken" since I was 40, like everyone else here.  They've had this kind of system  for some years now, and it seems to work quite well.  The contributions are income based, are low for low earners, and it does mean that if ever I need it I can get a full-time daytime home carer/home help who will take care of me and cook and clean my flat for about a fiver a day.  I'd get that even if I were living with my familly.  The system seems to work, and has taken a huge burden off families, and especially has given a lot more freedom to women: wives and daughters traditonally take care of older folk here.  Mind you, this is Japan where most things seem to work ...

Message 35 of 37
by: tooltrader
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:48
I dont know too much about Japan but know its pretty much built on respect,as with Japanese folk I have met in the UK.
So I imagine care is not so much of an issue, yet here our culture doesnt really have a clue about respect or even respecting ones elders,so we rely on reality of looking after number 1.
Message 36 of 37
Highlighted
by: majorincident
on: 09/12/2018 | 20:27

You don't plan on getting old then @tooltrader?

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 37 of 37