Knowledge Base
Community

Panodrama

Started by: sushiwhoosh
On: 12/02/2019 | 11:01
Replies: 20

by: sushiwhoosh
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:01 edited: 12/02/2019 | 11:03

What does everyone think about the revelations that are being drip fed and then released to the public on 23rd February

I am not a Tommy Robinson fan, he always looks half drunk on his videos BUT if Panorama have done a hatchet job on him, blackmailed and harassed former associates to spill the beans then it is no longer about him, it's about the impartiality of the BBC.

It could call into question, every single Panorama programme that this team have been in control of.  If successful, it could re-open former complaints against the broadcaster.  It's really a bit of a mess.

Good on him if he was able to expose them because from what's been released so far, this looks like it's going to run and run and run.  He's also releasing the second installment tonight at 8pm, I seen earlier on Facebook

What does everyone else think

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 21
by: michaeldunha
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:18
These allegations come from who Robinson? Not exactly someone I'd rely on for the truth, he likes to play the victim all to often
Message 2 of 21
by: sushiwhoosh
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:22
They're covert recordings. Basically the interviews Panorama did were secretly recorded by the people they interviewed, collated and present to them last week

The first release is quite damning and as I said, I am not a fan but this calls into question the BBC's impartiality

@michaeldunha
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 21
by: andyslc
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:34

So I watched the clip on Breitbart where he confronts John Sweeney about things he’s said but when he asks John Sweeney to explain it he just shouts over him. Looking at the sites this is cropping up on and the rhetoric that’s gone with it seems like it’s doing its job. Without context or Sweeney being allowed to speak to the comments I ll reserve any opinion because at the minute it looks like a gutter press hatchet job judging by the obviously heavily edited clip on Breitbart. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 4 of 21
by: michaeldunha
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:41
I'm not sure why you think they were not being impartial, he has a history of criminal convictions. Some would argue it's in the public interest to investigate such a prominent person
Message 5 of 21
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:45

Watching the one where Sweeney loses it again it’s so heavily edited, can’t hear what Robinson was saying before hand to provoke any reaction though the bit where Sweeney goes from shouting to quiet to shouting again was just plain odd. Again this is t journalism from Robinson, it’s not credible because of the lack of context. The lack of any mention from any credible media sources (many of whom are in direct competition with the beeb) to me sums up the level of journalism exhibited by Robinson. Still it obviously appeals to his fan base who seem to lap it up.

Having an issue with Tommy Robinson or any other individual doesn’t to me equate to having an issue with white working class people - which is the jump that Robinson appears to have made.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 6 of 21
by: only_justme65
on: 12/02/2019 | 12:01
No idea which events of 23 February are being referred to..?
Message 7 of 21
by: revjonty
on: 12/02/2019 | 12:02

@andyslc wrote:

Watching the one where Sweeney loses it again it’s so heavily edited, can’t hear what Robinson was saying before hand to provoke any reaction though the bit where Sweeney goes from shouting to quiet to shouting again was just plain odd. Again this is t journalism from Robinson, it’s not credible because of the lack of context. The lack of any mention from any credible media sources (many of whom are in direct competition with the beeb) to me sums up the level of journalism exhibited by Robinson. Still it obviously appeals to his fan base who seem to lap it up.

Having an issue with Tommy Robinson or any other individual doesn’t to me equate to having an issue with white working class people - which is the jump that Robinson appears to have made.

It wouldn't by any chance be cut from a totally different documentary would it?

There was a bit where he did that in his documentary about scientology. At the time he was being seriously harassed by scientology goons. 

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 21
by: toomuchtime
on: 12/02/2019 | 12:43

@andyslc wrote:

I have an issue with Tommy Robinson or whatever he calls himself and I am white and working class.

Message 9 of 21
on: 12/02/2019 | 12:58

@revjonty Blinding! Thanks for that. Yes the one of Sweeney losing his temper was actually a clip from the confrontation Sweeney had with Scientologists. The name of the guy just happened to be Tommy as well. Going back and looking at it the video linkas  appears on google is “BBC/Panorama exposed by Tommy Robinson...” whilst once you check the hidden description on YouTube it states this does not involve Tommy Robinson but shows you the man he had to deal with. Think it’s a Robinson supporter rather than Tr himself

The other one is a sit down **ahem** interview where Robinson plays a couple of sound clips to Sweeney and then just shouts over him when he tries to answer/protest/explain/say anything.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 10 of 21