Community

Parents send £7 bill to RNLI

Started by: goofygirl
On: 13/08/2019 | 19:00
Replies: 43

by: gizzblue
on: 14/08/2019 | 16:00

The amount of replies that ...

A) Didn't read all the thread replies is astonishing .

B) Didn't get the full gist of the story .

C) Still didn't realise this is actually from the eighties 😅😅😅

Great internet discussion makes Chinese whispers seem an everyday occurance.😅.

Message 31 of 44
by: gillone
on: 14/08/2019 | 16:06

My goodness !! Some people have no concept as to what’s important in their lives . I’m glad to hear their daughter was safe , well done RNLI 👍

Message 32 of 44
by: dartgirl
on: 14/08/2019 | 16:28
goofygirl It Would Not Be My Head I Would Be Shaking More Like A Fist, Some Parents , Were They Not Watching The Child. OH Yes Drifting Out To Sea. ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 33 of 44
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 14/08/2019 | 16:41
@gizzblue - Smiley Sad yep I saw another article this morning about it actually being something from the eighties - ah well you live and learn lol

giffgaff Educator

Message 34 of 44
by: grayme45
on: 14/08/2019 | 16:51
Surely a joke, but maybe the parents should be fined for illegal dumping of plastic in the sea!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 35 of 44
by: charlibear1
on: 14/08/2019 | 20:03

The world has gone mad!

Let’s hope the RNLI bill them in return for their time and expenses, perhaps minus the £7 demanded by them. 

Message 37 of 44
by: goofygirl
on: 14/08/2019 | 20:42
@dartgirl
I know how you feel, its madness
Message 38 of 44
Highlighted
by: techiebloke
on: 14/08/2019 | 21:20

@gizzblue 

Yeah ok I've been had.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 39 of 44
by: caro120
on: 15/08/2019 | 00:21

@wiljawrote:

I despair at what is happening with people. This story we are discussing is absolutely shocking and they should receive the bill for the rescue,  The 999 calls people make are beyond belief.  Can you believe someone dialled 999 to come and remove a rotting chicken carcass from their bin because it was smelling badly , or asking for a lift home as they’ve missed the last bus 😩😩😩😩.  There is no hope for the human race the way things are going. 

people like that potty or drunk?  lonely maybe but why not ring samaritans... though they short of staff I think.. mate was going to volunteer but they needed her to do overnite once a month I think at that time.

Interesting voluntary work though and get training so good learning process.  My ears not great and I'm not a good listener probably partly because of that so not for me.  I think people do a day a week?

those shots of kids throwing bricks thru ambulance windscreen hacked me off, maybe the parents should be prosecuted for neglect if they've allowed their kids to become such animals.  I think it was eastleigh, hants?

Message 40 of 44