Knowledge Base
Community

Parliament pro-Brexit agitator arrested

Started by: majorincident
On: 12/01/2019 | 16:36
Replies: 24

by: majorincident
on: 12/01/2019 | 16:36

James Goddard has been arrested for public order offences.  We have the right of assembly and protest in this country, but when it crosses over into criminal behaviour, the law can be invoked.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 1 of 25
by: tooltrader
on: 12/01/2019 | 16:50
Locked the wrong person up.
Message 2 of 25
by: baconbutty
on: 12/01/2019 | 17:12

He got what he wanted >Numpties to set up go funding for the melt .

banner.png
Message 3 of 25
by: majorincident
on: 12/01/2019 | 17:25

facebook and paypal closed down the accounts linked to him last week.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 4 of 25
by: nefarius
on: 12/01/2019 | 17:28

Were his mates at the Grenfell Tower burning effigy? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 25
by: tooltrader
on: 12/01/2019 | 17:36
you're really not right are you nefarius.
Message 6 of 25
by: andath
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:06

Arrested for "public order offences". A bit vague isn't it? I would love to know what in reality he did that was illegal. Will be interesting to find out.

I'm not condoning his bullying and ignorant behaviour but how silly is it of TV companies to interview people in such an open environment? An invitation to anyone with a grievance, or wanting a few seconds of 'fame' to shout or protest in the vacinity.

Message 7 of 25
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:13

@tooltrader wrote:

you're really not right are you nefarius.

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 25
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:22

A video of his arrest @andath

A friend of his repeatedly refers to the police as Gestapo and says the whole country is behind him. 

https://youtu.be/2E0VuS_IVeA

Photo Marker_Jan132019_072106.jpg

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 25
by: andyslc
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:29

@andath Public order offences can be quite vague sounding but there will be more behind the reason for arrest. If it’s for the chanting outside of parliament it seems a bit ridiculous - surely if an offence was committed then he should have been arrested at the time?

I don’t know how much of the chanting you saw (there were a couple of videos) but at one point amember of the very very small group shouted “What do we want?” to which no one could think of anything and that’s when “Soubry is a Nazi” started. It’s hardly crime of the century and a little bit sad and rather pathetic really. 

He has done other things that have begged the question to be asked, “why was he not arrested” but if this is what he was arrested for...? You re right, will be mildly interesting to see what the details are, if only to see if his arrest is purely because an MP of the current government complained.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 10 of 25