Knowledge Base
Community

Privatisation of NHS continues

Started by: tradertall
On: 28/12/2018 | 09:19
Replies: 16

by: eileenusher
on: 28/12/2018 | 17:58
Sorry link says subscription again but if you Google captia contract 1bn it'll come up and let you read it, but when posted as a link asks for subscription, it's 2015 so old news anyway
Message 11 of 17
by: alanjury
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:11 edited: 28/12/2018 | 18:13

Not just (more than) three year old news, @eileenusher. The contract was awarded in June 2015, so not exactly ‘quietly awarded’ ‘Purely for ideological reasons. Between Christmas and New Year.’ as @tradertall would have us believe.

As I said, I am not a fan of privatisation, of Capita or of the outsourcing of public sector work. And I am certainly not a fan of this government. But one thing I find really difficult is when people post things that are not true just for effect.

Perhaps @tradertall would care to comment. Or maybe apologise.

Message 12 of 17
by: contro
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:17 edited: 28/12/2018 | 18:37

Capita want throwing out of this country.

They even run Parking eye and loads of other easy to make money schemes that need only a little investment in cameras to generate huge sums of cash.

Hospital car parks is just one.

Read up on the website, it says,"If you have a field, land or any other place with a parking problem, we will sort it free.

How.

They install ANPR cameras that take your reg number and send out penalties from around £70 upwards.

They say you can pay online but you must have am account to do so, oh yeah but that's not so easy as it sounds. its through a different named company, good to go..

Oh sorry thats just one example of this company we allowed, or this government favours with lucrative fleecing contracts.

Do a google, I've no time to say more.

I'd need a week to even start on the dwps work they do.

Message 13 of 17
by: alanjury
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:20

@contro

None of that makes the claim in @tradertall‘s Original post true.

Message 14 of 17
by: nefarius
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:50

@contro wrote:

Capita want throwing out of this country.

They even run Parking eye and loads of other easy to make money schemes that need only a little investment in cameras to generate huge sums of cash.

Hospital car parks is just one.

Read up on the website, it says,"If you have a field, land or any other place with a parking problem, we will sort it free.

How.

They install ANPR cameras that take your reg number and send out penalties from around £70 upwards.

They say you can pay online but you must have am account to do so, oh yeah but that's not so easy as it sounds. its through a different named company, good to go..

Oh sorry thats just one example of this company we allowed, or this government favours with lucrative fleecing contracts.

Do a google, I've no time to say more.

I'd need a week to even start on the dwps work they do.

Huh? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 17
by: orlf
on: 31/12/2018 | 00:56
Capita get so much government money it's obscene. Surely the number of facilities they're running, the government could run themselves with a dedicated adminstration support arm. It would save millions.
I'm Orlf. It's a Norwegian name.
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
by: andyslc
on: 31/12/2018 | 06:51

Think this has picked up as it seems to have hit the twitter sphere recently...3 years too late. 3 years after taking the contract Capita want out because the bid was founded on guesswork and is not profitable.

The NAO slammed it in May as potentially putting patient safety at risk. In June Capita admitted it wasn’t going to make any money from the contract. Further problems have since come to light. Anyone who’s dealt with Capita would know this wasn’t going to end well. NHS England managed to save £60m quid though - half the cash May is going to take from her magic money tree for the Brexit Festival. Let’s spend it on the NHS instead Smiley Wink

More on the “deal” here:

http://www.nhsforsale.info/private-providers/private_providers02/capita.html

Its worth a read because it shows just how Capita went about trying to make a profit and the cuts they made and why, because of this it was going to make mistakes and deliver a poor service.

Another Carillion in the making? What happens when it all falls apart or companies realise they can’t make money from these contracts? What impact on services because the NHS has already stripped out its own staff and infrastructure because of outsourcing? What will be the cost to public services then?

Madness. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 17 of 17