Community

RBY fitgaff 2018 : New year New you Challenge

Started by: bluemoonbaz
On: 04/01/2018 | 16:15
Replies: 1495

by: bluemoonbaz
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:15 edited: 09/01/2018 | 12:30

Hello fellow giffgaff members,

Welcome to the first of our Run By You challenges for 2018. If you're not familiar with this yet, our  member @claw came up with an idea to run some fun activities last year. 

Fitgaff 2018 :New Year New You

Remember all those New Year resolutions to get fitter and healthier or plans to fit into those summer clothes ?

I will start on monday Smiley LOL
Well, if you're like me then you know how quickly these fall from our thoughts as the cold weather or apathy sets in.
So we thought we could have a fitness thread for all the members and of course... there's no better way than doing it together. 

So how can you join in with this year round challenge ?
Well that's easy. We want you all to share your: tips, receipes, diet plans and fitness routines with the other members.

Basically, anything that will help us all get fitter and or healthier. 

You can use the thread to post your individual goals and then update us with your progress.

We all have mobile phones and lots of us have wrist trackers ie fitbits etc .
You can download a fitness app to your phone and post a screenshot of your daily excersise, then add screenshots of your daily / weekly progress. 

Or you can just tell us what your doing in written format .

Not everyone is cut out for the gym or can afford the costs, so we can help each other make the first steps to a new you.

A few words of advise :Take it easy, remember its a lifestyle change and not a sprint

Click to reveal
Exercise: 
Keeping physically active is key to a healthy lifestyle. But sometimes it's best to check with your doctor before you start to exercise.However, this is a member run challenge so every member is responsible for their own safety and .giffgaff holds no responsibility for any injuries. Please be mindful and consult with a doctor before taking part if necessary. 
Message 1 of 1,496
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:24

hvp wrote:

Thanks @bluemoonbaz

No problem @hvp 

Having a focal point for each other, can help motivate us to make the extra effort .

I certainly need a liitle help 

Message 3 of 1,496
by: pamfletch
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:28

@bluemoonbaz Happy New Year Baz, I’ve just returned to the gym after a month off thanks to the flu epidemic that’s trotting around the UK, it just about wiped us out but thankfully we’re over it now....I hope!😂😂

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 4 of 1,496
by: kathleen414
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:43

Hiya @pamfletch @bluemoonbaz @hvp

I am at the ....well we can finish off all the stuff we overbought and then we will start Smiley LOL

Probably next Monday Smiley Wink, but in all seriousness , its a great idea and one i will take part in .

I will dust of my fitbit and and join the fitgaff club

Message 5 of 1,496
by: frenchielove
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:46

Great idea @bluemoonbaz I do not possess a fitbit or anything like that, so mine will just be me telling you what I have done, is that ok?

Message 6 of 1,496
on: 04/01/2018 | 16:52 edited: 04/01/2018 | 16:57

frenchielove wrote:

Great idea @bluemoonbaz I do not possess a fitbit or anything like that, so mine will just be me telling you what I have done, is that ok?

Hello @frenchielove

Yes 100% , we want to get everyone onboard 

We are all trying different things to get to our goal and seeing someone's method or reading the tips or healthy eating ideas, hopefully will motivate us to join in

Message 7 of 1,496
on: 05/01/2018 | 10:51 edited: 05/01/2018 | 19:08

@frenchielove@pamfletch@kathleen414

I started my acupuncture this week for my shoulder , hopefully I get can get back swimming very soon , but for now it exercise  with my rubber band 😉

Message 8 of 1,496
by: frenchielove
on: 05/01/2018 | 11:00

That is good news @bluemoonbaz please keep us updated about that

Message 9 of 1,496
by: pamfletch
on: 05/01/2018 | 19:12

@bluemoonbaz Good luck with your shoulder I can sympathise with you as I had a trapped nerve in my neck which is better now, they last for months don’t they? Get better soon 😉

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 10 of 1,496