Started by: extreme_one
On: 15/05/2017 | 07:53
Replies: 162

by: extreme_one
on: 15/05/2017 | 07:53 edited: 26/05/2017 | 21:37

barbecue2.png

RBY_Blue.pngHello fellow giffgaff members,

Welcome to the second of our Run By You challenges, The giffgaff BBQ challenges

In case you didn't know, or had forgotten, our friend @claw came up with the idea of running some fun and interesting activities throughout the summer. The first, The giffgaff walking challenge, run by @bluemoonbaz was a great success, so well done to everyone that took part.

Well, summer's almost here and I reckon it's time to get the barbecues out and start to think about all the al fresco dining that can be done during the barbecue season.

Have you had a barbecue yet? I've been lucky with the weather down here on the south coast so I've had a couple already this year.

During this fortnight I want us all to share photos of our barbecue parties, swap recipe ideas, share tips and help plan the best barbecue party possible.

I'll be posting a new challenge every 2 or 3 days, so please keep popping back to check out the latest ...

Challenge 1 - BBQ Party Playlist Challenge

Spoiler

To kick things off, I thought it would be a great idea to start by planning the perfect barbecue party music playlist.

768px-Antu_spotify.svgNo party is complete without music so how about a Spotify Playlist created you you! 

Please post your suggestions for the perfect tracks to play at a summer barbecue party and I'll add them to the Spotify Playlist in the post below.

Challenge 2 - Recipe Challenge

Spoiler

No barbecue is complete without some tasty treats to eat!

Personally, I'm a bit tired of the burger and a burnt sausage style of barbecuing, so I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting ideas for foods to cook on the barbecue....

Read more about Challenge 2 here ...

Challenge 3 - Party Games Challenge

Spoiler

Apart from music, and copious amounts of alcohol in some cases, nothing helps get a party started like party games! Smiley Happy

What outdoors games do you like to play when your friends and family get together?

Read more about Challenge 3 here ...

Challenge 4 - Hints & Tips Exchange Challenge

Spoiler

Barbecuing can be tricky, especially if you've never done it before, so I thought the fourth BBQ challenge should be all about sharing ideas for the perfect, and safe barbecue.

Read more about Challenge 4 here ...

Challenge 5 - Cocktails / Mocktails Challenge

Spoiler

How about Cocktails!?!

OK, so there will probably be drivers, children, and others that simply don't partake in alcohol, at your barbecue parties, so we don't want to leave anybody out.

How about Cocktails or Mocktails!?! Smiley Very Happy

Read more about Challenge 5 here ...

Challenge 6 - Wet Weather Challenge

Spoiler

With British weather so unpredictable, it pays to have a plan B for when rain interferes with your event.

Read more about Challenge 6 here ...

Challenge 7 - Photo Challenge

So the final challenge is upon us, and this one is really straightforward. I want to see your photos...

Read more about Challenge 7 here ...

T&Cs

Spoiler
  1. This is not a competition but by taking part you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
  2. All photos/screen shots/vidoes (if a challenge requires any) should be taken by the OP. 
  3. Entering’s a piece of cake. Simply post your piece on this thread. 
  4. There are no winners or losers in these challenges but there will be some surprises provided by giffgaff. However, this is a member run challenge so every member is responsible for their own safety and giffgaff holds no responsibility for any injuries. Please be mindful and consult with a doctor before taking part if necessary. 

If this post can be taken one of two ways, and one of the ways offends you, I probably meant it the other way. Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 163
by: extreme_one
on: 15/05/2017 | 07:53 edited: 15/05/2017 | 17:04

If this post can be taken one of two ways, and one of the ways offends you, I probably meant it the other way. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 163
by: frenchielove
on: 15/05/2017 | 08:21

Hi @extreme_one thoroughly enjoyed the walking challenge, unfortunately, I don't do barbecues but I wish you every success and will be following to see everyones lovely dishes. 😋

Message 3 of 163
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 15/05/2017 | 08:46

Agado. Black lace. 😂

Club Tropicana. Wham.

Down to Margate. Chas n Dave.

https://www.giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_02_550x80
Message 4 of 163
by: mark1101b
on: 15/05/2017 | 09:17

Morning @extreme_one

Nice one...   Shame it's raining..but hey ho ....

Here's a couple of tracks to get the BBQ started.... Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUUGzu7lvC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoMzLLWNV1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7IHOXkiV8

Message 5 of 163
by: andyslc
on: 15/05/2017 | 09:48
Travis: Why does it always rain on me?...always! Why?
Message 6 of 163
by: madscouser69
on: 15/05/2017 | 11:02
Best of luck with the challenge, i got rid of my BBQ as it never saw the light of day the last 2 summers

Holding out for a few invites to some of my friends if this weather improves

gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 7 of 163
by: giffin
on: 15/05/2017 | 11:06

hope it goes well

Message 8 of 163
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 15/05/2017 | 11:07

@extreme_one

Cheers mate I will getting our barbi out at the weekend if the weather holds as usually when you plan something instead of walking on sunshine we get rain drops keep falling on my head 😊

For a Free 3 in 1 sim with Free £5 on activation Click this link 
Message 9 of 163
by: madscouser69
on: 15/05/2017 | 11:13
My choice of song is Down Under — Men at Work
gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 10 of 163