Knowledge Base
Community

Ryanair's £17.2m loss

Started by: majorincident
On: 04/02/2019 | 08:00
Replies: 14

by: basil1921
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:47
'One example was when we flew to Dublin with Aer Lingus - full luggage, reserved seating and priority boarding for £130 - Ryanair came in at £230. '

Dosn't that suggest that Ryanair are a little bit... erm... crooked?
Message 11 of 15
by: basil1921
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:48
Exactly. And I've been to San Francisco with the same. Mind you, I always stay in Airbnb or similar places so there's a washing machine, which means less to carry.
Message 12 of 15
by: majorincident
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:04

@basil1921 wrote:

'One example was when we flew to Dublin with Aer Lingus - full luggage, reserved seating and priority boarding for £130 - Ryanair came in at £230. '

Dosn't that suggest that Ryanair are a little bit... erm... crooked?

Not crooked, but definitely glimmering punters with those enticing fairs.  However, when you start piling on the extras, you might as well have gone for another low cost airline where you know exactly what you are paying from the get go.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 13 of 15
by: bobsta
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:29

@andishdi wrote:

@bobsta - it's changed my mentality massively about what is "essential".

What's interesting is that other airlines are following suit - we visited Canada over Xmas flying Virgin Atlantic and booked the cheapest fare we could which meant only carry on and the bare essentials. We were amazed at how much you can actually fit in a little case and we still managed to take things that we didn't use/wear even though it was flipping freezing! Had hold luggage been free then we'd have taken it... That would've meant having to wait for them at the carousel, lug them in and out of every hotel and inevitably buy loads of stuff to fill them up even more on the flight home... We saved money and time, two things most people complain are in short supply.

If you asked someone if they minded queuing a bit longer to get on the plane and taking a few less choices of clothing and the result was another night's holiday, or an all-expenses paid night out then they'd jump at it... People just don't see things that way and prefer to focus on the negative.

Like I said, they're not for everyone but I wish people were a bit more understanding and pragmatic because Ryanair have changed minds for customers and other companies and just because what they offer doesn't suit everyone it doesn't mean they should be written off.

@andishdi - I could survive on a small case but my missus brings half the house with her! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 15
by: contro
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:45

At least they have a great excuse.

That darn Brexit

Message 15 of 15