Community

Samsung Galaxy Unpacked Stream - Let's Watch Together

Started by: willp789
On: 09/08/2018 | 15:45
Replies: 5

Highlighted
by: willp789
on: 09/08/2018 | 15:45

Good news, everyone! Samsung is set to unveil the rumoured Galaxy Note 9 at their latest Unpacked event in New York City at 4PM BST on the 9th of August. We're expecting to see a way more functional S Pen stylus, a bigger battery and an improved camera as well. Rumours even suggest that the Note 9 will be the exclusive launch vehicle for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Android! If you're looking forward to the reveal, be sure to join us to discuss the event as it unfolds live with the giffgaff community right here! In the mean time, are you excited about this launch? What are you expecting?

Cheers,

willp789

Message 1 of 6
by: carrow1
on: 09/08/2018 | 17:49
Thanks off to watch it now
Message 2 of 6
by: yaseend
on: 10/08/2018 | 16:40
Its just a note 8 with a s-pen that can be used as a button and more storage. not much of an upgrade. what do you think?

If you're interested in a free £4 from quidco PM me HERE

Message 3 of 6
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 10/08/2018 | 19:16
The 4000mAh battery will be well worth getting, as that is massive and should get a good amount of battery life.

Also like the idea of 1TB storage (512GB onboard + 512GB memory card) - that is more than what many laptops come with now they have switched to the inferior SSD storage.

I'm secretly hoping that Samsung have crammed a bigger antenna into the bigger frame of the Note, to hopefully improve signal strength too - as there have been many a time whereby mobile strength is weak and Samsung generally don't have spectacular antennas. This is certainly the case with Wi-Fi on the Galaxy S7 Edge being weak and the Galaxy S4 dropping to 2G all the time.

Also really expensive for the Note 9 (especially the 512GB model) - but hey, better than Apple and their £1000 iPhone X that has no headphone jack and no fingerprint reader.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 6
by: yaseend
on: 10/08/2018 | 22:33
@tuneintestaccount Better battery is always handy. I think 1 tb is way too much space for me. Better than the iphone x I read they have already stopped making it.

If you're interested in a free £4 from quidco PM me HERE

Message 5 of 6
by: extreme_one
on: 11/08/2018 | 10:07

@tuneintestaccount wrote:

... inferior SSD storage.

lol inferior

SSD is far superior to HDD technology in many respects, but most especially speed. For some users and some applications, data retrieval speed trumps capacity.

Boot up, on my rig with Windows 10 installed on a SSD will take less than 15 seconds, compared to having Windows 10 installed on a HDD where it took upwards of 80 seconds. That's just a tiny examle of where the speed of an SSD benefits the end user. Gamers especially take advantage of the increased speed of SSD drives.

SSD capacity vs HDD capacity is certainly an issue due to the cost per gb of SSD drives.
This is often overcome by using both SSD and HDD drives, the smaller costlier SSD for the OS and the HDD for data. 

Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 6