Knowledge Base
Community

Santander to shut 140 UK branches

Started by: tradertall
On: 23/01/2019 | 12:09
Replies: 25

by: kicker
on: 23/01/2019 | 20:39

Again more people unemployed ,I've read somewhere that more store's are too close this year alone.

Get a free giffgaff SimEconomy is the wealth of the poor and the wisdom of the rich.
Message 21 of 26
by: shazzzy
on: 23/01/2019 | 20:42
feel sorry for the people loosing their jobs
but thats what happens when you bank online
Message 22 of 26
by: farnis
on: 23/01/2019 | 20:44
ALL other banks have closed the bulk of their high street branches over the last few years. Its just down to the way people do their banking.
Message 23 of 26
by: techiebloke
on: 23/01/2019 | 20:56 edited: 23/01/2019 | 20:57

Considering most people work during the time branches are open is it really a suprise that a lot are under used?

Maybe it's time that they looked at how people work these days and adjusted their hours a bit, 1 p.m. - 9 p.m. perhaps?

From the point of view of the bank it's of course much cheaper to run a couple of data centres and cloud services than it is to run branches.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 24 of 26
by: majorincident
on: 24/01/2019 | 08:56

@farnis wrote:

ALL other banks have closed the bulk of their high street branches over the last few years. Its just down to the way people do their banking.

We have been nudged in this direction.  Online banking is fine for most of us, but there are still some who cannot join the tech revolution. 

I live two minutes from the town centre and many of the businesses deal predominately in cash.  None of the local banks or building societies has a business only counter any more and everybody joins the same queue for service.  Standing behind someone who has bucket of change to be processed is exasperating.  Further, it is very rare to find all the counters open.  Customers are not being well served now and it will only get worse with these continued closures.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 25 of 26
by: slarti
on: 24/01/2019 | 11:48

Also, I did notice that of the 4 branches near me that are closing, 3 are in towns with 2 branches, which is not that logical.

Message 26 of 26