Community

Sentenced to hard labour for ...

Started by: majorincident
On: 21/01/2019 | 21:31
Replies: 32

by: majorincident
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:31

interviewing a gay man on television.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 1 of 33
by: claire1uk
on: 21/01/2019 | 23:06

Good grief. 🙄

Message 3 of 33
Highlighted
by: nefarius
on: 21/01/2019 | 23:08

All the flights, to Egypt, should be banned. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 33
by: frenchielove
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:17

What an absolute disgrace, I don’t know what to say but I feel so sorry for the people living there

Message 5 of 33
by: standardbearer
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:25
Such is some cultural differences.
For all those who like to run our Country down they don't know how lucky they are.
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 6 of 33
by: nefarius
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:30

I don't think gay people in the UK are "lucky". Not a well chosen statement. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 33
by: standardbearer
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:41 edited: 22/01/2019 | 07:55

@nefarius
Im talking about the regime that thinks like they do.
I totally disagree with you anyway. Gay people are a lot better living in the UK than Egypt.
Its a no brainer.
I think it is a well chosen statement and very relevant to today.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 8 of 33
by: eileenusher
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:43
Egypt unless its in the sharm area and to do with tourism ie alcholol which they allow as it lines there pockets, then anything else will be dealt with severely, wrong yes, but let's be honest it's a Muslim country, which basically has no basic human rights for its people, not as bad as Saudi, quatar etc as in them countries they would of being stoned to death for just saying there gay or interviewing a gay person, but still wrong even to give a jail sentence, so much for the uprising and giving the rule back to the people eh.
Message 9 of 33
by: andyslc
on: 22/01/2019 | 07:49

Reading the article it’s even more bonkers. The guy who got sentenced (and is subject to surveillance for 1 year after his hard labour and fine) is homophobic and the person he was interviewing was saying he regretted his life as a male prostitute and engaging in homosexual acts. The charge was brought because it’s alleged the interviewer, by merely conducting the interview with a male prostitute demonstrated that there was a positive side to homosexuality ie financial gain.

The whole thing is twisted beyond belief, especially from the article it seems unclear what law, if any he broke. And all this is aside from the anti gay laws and attitudes. Madness. People don’t realise just how good our justice system is as a whole, and how fortunate we are to live in a mainly tolerant society. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 10 of 33