Started by: aggy_agate
On: 31/07/2018 | 16:19
Replies: 17

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 31/07/2018 | 16:19 edited: 31/07/2018 | 16:25
Hi there,

We're looking at doing an exciting campaign on social where we're planning on going to three different locations to look around and find small local places that are quite fantastic that only the locals would know about. 

To kick this off we thought it would be nice to ask you to give us some suggestions of where we should go and explore and reasons why. It may be a secret beach only locals know about or cool venues or family-run restaurant that does amazing local food. 

Let us know if you have something amazing in mind and we might end up checking the place out. 

Cheers,
Aggie and the team

Message 1 of 18
by: pengoo83
on: 25/08/2018 | 13:24
Hi we live In Poole there is a beautiful locals beach just over the ferry away from tours it’s with coves and hide aways! Studland Bay Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 18
by: vickilog
on: 25/08/2018 | 13:28
Can't tell you ours they're a secret we don't want outsiders to know about them 😶
Message 3 of 18
by: kath72
on: 25/08/2018 | 14:19 edited: 25/08/2018 | 14:22

What and have hoards of people descending ... don’t think so !

😂😂😂😂😂

on second thoughts ... check out my favourite tea room .. Macroon’s which is in the post office on the Isle of Barra ... best scones in the uk! 

Message 5 of 18
by: foolish
on: 25/08/2018 | 14:44

No way am I telling anyone Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 18
by: foolish
on: 25/08/2018 | 14:45

@pengoo83 wrote:

Hi we live In Poole there is a beautiful locals beach just over the ferry away from tours it’s with coves and hide aways! Studland Bay Smiley Happy

That's where all the bum's hang out. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 18
by: piethorne
on: 25/08/2018 | 15:30 edited: 25/08/2018 | 15:36

Got to agree with those who want to keep the secret places unspoilt by crowds.

I know a few, but they're on the moors. Anyone who wanted to go, would have to be prepared for 5 mile steep hill walks in sometimes boggy and sometimes rocky terrain. Quality hill walking / hiking boots needed, no trainers - although you could get away with sturdy wellies. Bring your own drink, food and toilet paper - you have to make your own toilet.

What would you see ? Well, for example:-

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/General-Discussion/Another-walk-in-the-British-countryside/td-p/22...

http://piethorne.dynu.net/Blogs/5_Piethorne_19_to_24_Apr_2011/Qnap_reservoirwalkspiethornevalleyapri...

I suspect these would be too far out of a londoners comfort zone Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 18
by: extreme_one
on: 25/08/2018 | 16:00

@foolish wrote:

@pengoo83 wrote:

That's where all the bum's hang out. Smiley Tongue

Indeed, it's a nudist beach isn't it? Smiley LOL

Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 18
by: slarti
on: 25/08/2018 | 18:01

@aggy_agate wrote:

Hi there,

We're looking at doing an exciting campaign on social where we're planning on going to three different locations to look around and find small local places that are quite fantastic that only the locals would know about. 

To kick this off we thought it would be nice to ask you to give us some suggestions of where we should go and explore and reasons why. It may be a secret beach only locals know about or cool venues or family-run restaurant that does amazing local food. 

Let us know if you have something amazing in mind and we might end up checking the place out. 

Cheers,
Aggie and the team

Some of my "secret locations" have already been spoiled by the TV show of that name, so I think I'll keep the rest to myself, thanks.

Message 10 of 18